The 2012 Music Thread!

METALMAN

I'm really digging that Gorillaz/Andre 3000/Murphy track. Just flat out fun, energetic and all the styles come together. It's not "ohmygodepic", but it's fun and a bit understated.

I picked up fun's new album (Some Nights) when it came out. Very poppy, but an interesting sound. It's been on a pretty constant loop since I got it. Particularly fond of All Alone, We Are Young, Some Nights, Stars, and Out on the Town.

Do they seem like a fun band live? I've never listened to them, but they're playing my college in a week or two.

They were on Conan a few nights ago, you might be able to gauge how they are live by their performance there.

Do they seem like a fun band live? I've never listened to them, but they're playing my college in a week or two.

Their music is certainly energetic enough to warrant a good live performance. I can't imagine you'd be able to sing their stuff without being pretty active and energetic.

http://blogs.1077theend.com/endmusicdiscovery/2012/02/23/end-music-discovery-gorillaz-james-murphy-andre-3000-do-ya-thing-13-minute-version/

Apparently the 4 minute version released earlier this week was just a tease for a full 13 minute version, which has about 7 minutes of Andre 3000 bragging about how he is the shit.

http://blogs.1077the...minute-version/

Apparently the 4 minute version released earlier this week was just a tease for a full 13 minute version, which has about 7 minutes of Andre 3000 bragging about how he is the shit.

I really didn't like the four minute version, but after listening to this...

If we'd have had two weeks, we could have made a whole record, I'm sure of it.

Someone get these men two weeks!

So far

Possible AOTY candidates

• Air - Le voyage dans la lune
  • Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Âme
  • The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
  • Pepe Deluxé - Queen of the Wave
    Not quite AOTY but still entertaining
    • Pulled Apart By Horses - Tough Love
    • Grimes - Visions
    • Portico Quartet - Portico Quartet
      Undecided
      • Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror
      • WZRD - WZRD
      • Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
      • Busdriver - Beaus$Eros

Crushing disappointments

[*]Going by the singles so far, the new Emile Autumn :(

So so far, so good and it's only MARCH :o

To be honest it's probably going to slip down to 'not quite there' in a week, but I just can't stop listening to it. It's wonderfully mellow and brilliant night time music.

EDIT: and also because I'm a huge fan of the film 'Le voyage dans la lune' so naturally I think it compliments it really well blush.gif

Edited by The General

Great albums

Grimes - Vision

John Talabot - ƒin

Perfume Genius - Put Ur Back In 2 It

The 2 Bears - Be Strong

Good albums

Blondes - Blondes

Ital - Hive Mind

Scuba - Personality

OK albums

Lazerhawk - Visions

Lindstrøm - Six Cups of Rebel

Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror

Have yet to hear anything that's really horrendous so far. General, is the Pepe Deluxe worth downloading? Saw a few great reviews of it, and was meaning to check it out. Also, the Mars Volta are still around?

I quite liked that Kid Cudi one. If nothing else, it's certainly better than Lil' Wayne's "rock" album.

Had Bruce Springsteen's new album on at work today and it's really uninspiring and pretty tired sounding. It's a real shame but he hasn't done anything that offers anything new or interesting. Still, it's not a disaster or anything (although there is song with a rap on it that comes pretty close) so it'll keep his core fans happy, but it just seems so pointless.

Had Bruce Springsteen's new album on at work today and it's really uninspiring and pretty tired sounding. It's a real shame but he hasn't done anything that offers anything new or interesting. Still, it's not a disaster or anything (although there is song with a rap on it that comes pretty close) so it'll keep his core fans happy, but it just seems so pointless.

He does seem tired, but it ventures into more Flogging Molly territory than I anticipated. The single's probably the best song to me on that album, as it's one of the few that actually pack any musical punch, but the title track and "Death to My Hometown" are solid lyrically. You can really tell he's listened to FM & the Drive-By Truckers a lot, though.