The 2012 Music Thread!

METALMAN

Had LdR's album on a lot at work, naturally, and I'm a little bit disappointed. I mean, it's not dreadful or anything but all of the songs are slow to mid paced, and they're all quite sad, so it's not very good when taken as a whole. Plus a lot of the songs are just a bit weak in terms of songwriting and arrangements. Made even worse by the fact that we can't even play the best song - Radio - because she swears all the time in it.

2 Bears is pretty good, had that on quite a bit.

Also played Tribes (whoever they are) album yesterday. It's quite good. I liked it.

Put on Mark Lanegan's new album just before closing. It seems okay.

New Twilight Sad album is dull.

Next time I might put on new Van Halen and Paul McCartney albums if I can work up the gumption!

I really, really don't "get" most of Mark Lanegan's new album. It sounds like he's trying to do synth-pop in places. But he's Mark Lanegan, so of course it doesn't bloody work.

The new Air album is lovely, though.

And this is TOTES AMAZE.

The newest ††† EP is pretty good. More of the same from the first EP, though.

I'd say the new EP is more electronic/moody than the last one. ††† are one of my favourite new bands - they're a more focused version of Team Sleep.

I don't know, I made a playlist out of both of the EPs, and I couldn't really tell which songs were from which EPs. But I do agree, they're one of my favorite new bands. Team Sleep ain't got shit on this (neither do the Deftones, really, but that's another story).

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to John Talabot ƒin, Sleigh Bells Reign of Terror and Blondes self titled album. Loving the Talabot and Blondes album, not a massive fan of the new album by Sleigh Bells.

I still need to listen to that new Sleigh Bells thing. :shifty:

However, for now, I'll have to do with the new Earth LP. I have it stacked up and ready to go but I want to listen to Angel of Darkness, Demons of Light I just once more before I delve into the second part.

I've had the likes Black Sabbath on and it's been perfectly fine. It's just Sleigh Bells is mastered absurdly loudly so it just sounds ridiculous on a playlist with other CDs. I just took it off because it bothered me more than any customer.

In fact, Black Sabbath more often than not tends to be to quiet when it's on with a bunch of more modern CDs. >_>

hmmmm. It's okay I guess. It seems a bit like a doodle and kind half finished. Is it? Andre's bit was by far the best, but maybe that's to be expected.

The collab is to promote their work with Converse to create and design a new Gorillaz-themed shoe.

This isn't cool though. :/

Especially seeing as Damon Albarn purports to care about the third world and all that stuff.

I picked up fun's new album (Some Nights) when it came out. Very poppy, but an interesting sound. It's been on a pretty constant loop since I got it. Particularly fond of All Alone, We Are Young, Some Nights, Stars, and Out on the Town.