AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

I'm trying to think of a better way to end the show but I can't. This was the feel-good ending that the fans deserved especially after the last two depressing episodes. Walt finally dies and does right, and Jesse gets to ride off into the sunset toward a new life as a getaway driver in Need for Speed.

I was kinda hoping for an 18 year old Holly cold open/epilogue but I figured they couldn't go that route.

I liked it.

I loved that Walt finally admitted that the whole thing was about power for him. The M60 rig was pretty neat. Jesse snapping Todd's neck was satisfying. All in all, it was a pretty good finale, I thought.

Top notch Marty Robbins song too.

• Like 1

Alan Sepinwall explains why I wasn't into it better than I can.

I think the only "fuck yeah" moment that worked for me like it probably worked for everyone else was Jack's death. That was a really good death.

I loved it. I get the feeling that people expected Walt to suddenly go gun-toting badass on the Nazis, but why? He has literally never done that, ever, and has actually shown to be incapable of it. It was clear he was going to win this game via science. Bit of ricin, some Robot Wars engineering, some mind games, it was perfect Walt. I am disappointed we didn't get a more spaced out revenge scene though, it all came a bit too fast and it didn't look for one second that whatever he was planning might not work. I wish we didn't get the Lydia call it the end, I'd rather we cut to her being sick/dying as Baby Blue played, along with some other cutaways. But overall I thought it was a sound piece to television and the best way to end this roller coaster.

Perfect.

Perhaps a bit too perfect, but I think that was the idea. It was Walt at his most prepared, which is when he's the most dangerous. The only thing he didn't count on was Jesse being a prisoner, which gave him an even better opening to get on the floor and set off the gun. At first I thought it felt a little predictable, but as the

AV Club pointed out, that was also by design... people are predictable.

Everything about the episode was perfect though. My wife was a bit unconvinced by the effectiveness of his plan with Eliot and Gretchen, but it was his only play. And at least you left that scene hoping it would work, seeing how broke Skylar was. That whole scene with Walt & Skylar was my favorite part of the episode because he started all this "for them" and left them worse off than they already were. Like everything Walt does, it crumbles around him, but at least he finally admitted it was all for him.

It was definitely a redemption tale, which I'm not sure every fan wanted to see, but it made me happy. Jesse killing Todd and getting away was cathartic, the biggest fist-pumping moment since Gus going all Two-Face, maybe even the biggest of the series. I was half-expecting them to cut the show off during their stare-down, which thankfully they did not.

Terrific finale.

• Like 3

About the final scenes:

You know it was Walt's plan to just set the gun off so he died in the fray, but that changed when he saved Jesse. And he took a bullet for him. Jesse knew he was going to die, but he also in a way forgave him because he finally did something for Jesse

but I don't know what I'd rather have seen.

It's true. Also I think it would have played way better for me as part of a binge-watch where I'd just watched "Ozymandias" and "Granite State" one after the other instead of waiting a full week and seeing this as a self-contained installment.

• Like 2

Someone explain

How do he get the ricin into the stevia? That seemed a bit far fetched to me. Also I think I read it in the article GoGo posted but him telling her on the phone was a little too on the nose for me. I would rather have seen her sick in the end little montage and said Oh! He got her!

I dunno, guy rigged a machine gun to clear a room full of nazi's on the command of a door opener. I can't think that'd be any more complicated.

• Like 1

Someone explain

How do he get the ricin into the stevia? That seemed a bit far fetched to me. Also I think I read it in the article GoGo posted but him telling her on the phone was a little too on the nose for me. I would rather have seen her sick in the end little montage and said Oh! He got her!

I dunno, guy rigged a machine gun to clear a room full of nazi's on the command of a door opener. I can't think that'd be any more complicated.

Yeah but at least they took a minute to show me how he did that. I didn't understand it but they showed me

:P I mean does she sit at the same table every time? How did he know to put it there? And he had like a day to do everything but he took the time to get empty packets and find a way to reseal them?

Someone explain

I don't think it's on the nose she called. Lydia was crazy OCD and was all about making sure to tie the loose ends up. She definitely would have been ringing Todd until she knew it was all over. I think that same trait would make it difficult for the ricin to get into the stevia without her noticing any defect in the packaging.

Someone explain

Yeah but at least they took a minute to show me how he did that. I didn't understand it but they showed me

:P I mean does she sit at the same table every time? How did he know to put it there? And he had like a day to do everything but he took the time to get empty packets and find a way to reseal them?

I figure she sits at the same table, same time every tuesday from what he said about her always being there. Wouldn't be too hard to sneak in earlier in the day, replace the thing with the ricin, then wait until she's about to come in to make the switch.