EWB's All-Time Favorite TV Show Tournament

Josh

1) Community vs. 16)One Tree Hill

8) Only Fools and Horses vs. 9) The West Wing

5) How I Met Your Mother vs. 12) Peep Show

4) The Office (U.S.) vs. 13) Columbo

6) Blackadder vs. 11) Eastbound & Down

3) The Walking Dead vs. 14) The Tick (Animated Series)

7) The Shield vs. 10) Frasier

2) Seinfeld vs. 15) Star Trek: The Next Generation

Other than The Tick/TWD, all of them are pretty easy choices for me.

1) Community vs. 16) One Tree Hill

This is an easy pick, a damn easy pick.<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">8) Only Fools and Horses vs. 9) The West Wing

Don't watch either but.. this one I guess?<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">5) How I Met Your Mother vs. 12) Peep Show<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">Don't watch either but.. this one I guess?

<br style="background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">4) The Office (U.S.) vs. 13) Columbo

Only have watched The Office so.. that I guess?<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">6) Blackadder vs. 11) Eastbound & Down

Don't watch either but.. this one I guess? <br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">3) The Walking Dead vs. 14) The Tick (Animated Series)<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">I don't get the Walking Dead at all so The Tick for sure.

<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">7) The Shield vs. 10) Frasier

Frasier by a million miles.<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">2) Seinfeld vs. 15) Star Trek: The Next Generation

Seinfeld by a million.

If you haven't watched Peep show already, i strongly recommend it to you. It's fantastic.

Edited by deli2000

EASTERN BRACKET

1) Community vs. 16) One Tree Hill - Feel absolutely dirty doing this, but I only watched like 3/4 of Community, wanted to watch more but it's so damn hard to find here. OTH, on the other hand, I loved for the first 4 seasons (mostly due to Sophia Bush :wub: ) but I continued to watch it even though it went way, waaaaaaaaaaaay downhill from there. Surprised it actually made it on here, though.

8) Only Fools and Horses vs. 9) The West Wing - I've only watched chunks of The West Wing, nothing from Only Fools and Horses.

5) How I Met Your Mother vs. 12) Peep Show - Never watched Peep Show, but fuck How I Met Your Mother. Fuck it to its fucking core.

4) The Office (U.S.) vs. 13) Columbo - Watched a little of The Office, nothing of Columbo.

6) Blackadder vs. 11) Eastbound & Down - I love love love Blackadder. Rowan Atkinson is a god, a god amongst gods in this show. Hugh Laurie was awesome in this one too.

3) The Walking Dead vs. 14) The Tick (Animated Series) - I like Walking Dead, but god, every character in it is fucking annoying. The Tick, on the other hand, is awesome.

7) The Shield vs. 10) Frasier - Okay, I see that it looks like The Shield is going down to Frasier. I liked Frasier, but The Shield is the best action TV show ever. EVER. I'll be posting videos of why the Shield is so fucking awesome throughout this thread, even after it's gone, because it shouldn't be gone until, like, the final four.

2) Seinfeld vs. 15) Star Trek: The Next Generation - Eh, I've never really liked Star Trek.

Here's something to get you started on why The Shield is so awesome:

Here's a brilliant interrogation scene that shows you how gritty it gets in The Shield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eGlvwkGC4s

Sorry about the poor audio / video quality, but it's worth it.

Edited by Ben D.D. Cuntface

Let the voting for the first bracket begin!

EASTERN BRACKET

Voted for the underdogs in match ups that I don't watch either of the shows. Consider it my part in boosting the mid-major programs. :shifty: .

The Shield vs Frasier was incredibly hard, but I had to go with The Shield in the end.

Also, I'm just assuming the majority of people here haven't watched Peep Show (at least the ones who haven't already said this was the case). HIMYM is ok and worth watching, but the first few seasons of Peep Show are really good comedy.

EASTERN BRACKET

EASTERN BRACKET

EASTERN BRACKET

Only one that was anything near hard to choose was The Walking Dead vs The Tick, but i had to go with my heart

"This looks like a job for Bi-Polar Bear... but I just cant seem to get out of bed"

EASTERN BRACKET

1) Community vs. 16) One Tree Hill (Mainly down to the fact that I have only seen the latter, and it was fucking awful)

8) Only Fools and Horses vs. 9) The West Wing (Love Only Fools, but West Wing is my favourite TV show ever)

5) How I Met Your Mother vs. 12) Peep Show (No contest)

7) The Shield vs. 10) Frasier (This was the toughest. Literally finished The Shield today, and it's wonderful, but Frasier came very close)

2) Seinfeld vs. 15) Star Trek: The Next Generation ("What is the deal with Star Trek: The Next Generation?)

EASTERN BRACKET

Community vs. 16) One Tree Hill

No idea, so no vote.

Hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna be. Edit your vote so that you pick either Community or One Tree Hill. Otherwise, all of your picks are void.

Just so everyone knows why I've made this rule: as several people have mentioned, there are going to be match-ups where certain people have seen neither show. Which shows this applies to will be different from person to person. If I allow "pick and choose" voting, I can forsee a scenario where certain match-ups are barely being voted on at all.

So, keep in mind that a vote for something is a vote for progress. Literal tournament progress.

Fine, then all my votes are void.

I've not watched either of those two programmes so just arbitrarily picking one just to get my votes "allowed" is a joke.

• Like 5

EASTERN BRACKET

Considering I've seen one episode of Community (the first one) and never watched One Tree Hill.

I've only seen the pilot episode of The West Wing and never saw the other show.

I've never seen Peep Show and HIMYM is one of my favorite shows. Granted it's a bit stale now but it's still one of my favorite shows.

I'm not a fan of either show but I went with The Office.

Never saw Blackadder and Eastbound & Down is one my favorite shows on TV. Hilarious.

I remember watching The Tick as a kid but I'm not as enamored with it as other people on the forums. For all it's flaws I went with The Walking Dead.

Never watched The Shield so I have to go with Frasier here.

This is was a tough one since I like both shows but I went with Seinfeld here. Besides I like Kirk better than Picard.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker