nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Thank fuck in my opinion. Was quite excited about him taking control of Leeds at first, but it's pretty much been down hill throughout his run. Wouldn't mind McCarthy at all... Would love Di Matteo, but I think maybe that's a bit too far-fetched, is it?

Thank fuck. Maybe now we'll actually start playing football and won't have to watch pathetic shite like Michael Brown pull on a Leeds shirt ever again. Should have gone months ago, possibly the worst manager we've ever had.

As long as we don't get Hughes I'll be happy

Kind of obvious really, who else is there? No one would want Hughes or oNeill. Di Matteo is probably too unrealistic, I think Poyet would need a lot of convincing plus he'd cost a lot to buy out. Coyle possibly. Maybe Lambert if Villa were to sack him.

Should have sacked Colin the day that Adkins was sacked by saints.

Can't see McCarthy going there at all. McDermott would be a very good appointment for Leeds I think.

And I don't think Warnock will be holding out for any job now. Think he will retire or at best become a Director of Football at a club down in the south west. Would be surprised at any other outcome.

• Admin

Watford are currently 1-0 up at half time in Hull courtesy of a Troy Deeney strike. That will be the most important result of the season if they don't concede... but Watford's defence is injury-ravaged (not to mention pants).

Huge win!

Saturday's fixture list - Brighton take on Leicester in a battle for the play-off places, it's Huddersfield v Peterborough in a six-pointer at the bottom, while third-placed Watford host leaders Cardiff.

• Admin

In the Championship, there is plenty of action at both ends of the table. In the evening kick-off, table toppers Cardiff visit third-placed Watford in the battle for automatic promotion with second-placed Hull looking to close the seven-point gap on the Bluebirds as they host Middlesbrough at 1500 BST. In the race for the play-offs, Leicester visit Brighton looking to leapfrog the Seagulls. At the other end of the table, Blackburn visit Sheffield Wednesday while Huddersfield and Peterborough will both be looking to get out of the bottom three as they face each other.

In League One, leaders Doncaster can secure at least a play-off place if they beat Tranmere at home and MK Dons fail to win against Crawley. However, Rovers will be more concerned with what second-placed Bournemouth do at home to Notts County. Bottom side Hartlepool could become the first club to be relegated in the Football League if they do not win against fellow strugglers Bury and Oldham beat Carlisle or Scunthorpe win at Preston.

If League Two table-toppers Gillingham beat Torquay today and Rotherham fail to win at Morecambe or Northampton do not get three points at Bradford, then they will be celebrating promotion this evening. A draw could be enough for the Gills depending on other results. Fourth-placed Cheltenham will be hoping for three points in their bid for automatic promotion at struggling Plymouth with the Pilgrims battling to beat the drop. York will be looking to get out of the bottom two with a win at home to Accrington.

I genuinely fear we may go down. The only game I could possibly see us getting anything from is Burnley, and I certainly wouldn't put money on that. If we stay up it's because everyone else is shit.

Fuck Warnock and his gash players. Michael Brown, Luke Varney, David Norris, Paul Green, Michael Tonge and Steve Morison have no right to wear that shirt. Even Paddy Kenny clearly doesn't give a shit, he fucking laughs when we concede. Fuck Colin, and fuck all his mates who got a contract on that basis alone. Bring back Dolly and let him blood the kids, they're the u18 champions... I doubt the fucking first team could win that competition.

• Like 1