nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

I'm likely to be one of the last people to defend Bates but countless businesses go into administration and don't pay off their tax bill in full, including tens of football clubs prior to Leeds. Anyway, moral issues aside there was still no rule against it.

We can be promoted today with a win at home to Notts County if Bournemouth or Brentford fail to win. I am already cacking it.

Should be a good day though, close to a sell out so the crowd should be right behind us. Ben Parkinson will deliver the match ball to the centre spot for kick-off too which will be nice, and our chairman will be in the South Stand to watch proceedings.

Fantastic, Bournemouth promoted now if Brentford lose. And even if they don't, Donny and Brentford play each other on the last day anyway so that plays in the Cherries favour.

Actually, I think because of that Bournemouth are promoted. If Brentford win they join Donny being 1 point behind you, they can't both win, and given Bournemouth's superior goal difference, a draw won't put either above them. Unless Bournemouth lose by 7 or 8.

Fantastic, Bournemouth promoted now if Brentford lose. And even if they don't, Donny and Brentford play each other on the last day anyway so that plays in the Cherries favour.

Actually, I think because of that Bournemouth are promoted. If Brentford win they join Donny being 1 point behind you, they can't both win, and given Bournemouth's superior goal difference, a draw won't put either above them. Unless Bournemouth lose by 7 or 8.

Correct, they're all but up now. It's a formality next week.

Come on Hartlepool, give me a silver lining on this wretched day.