Sky Bet EFL 2023/24

Lineker

13 games unbeaten, winning 11. That was about perfect - Crewe had energy early but they offered almost nothing in the second half and we got the job done.

Looking forward to going to the second leg on Friday night.

• Like 1

I know they had that spell in the Premier in the not so distant past but they've otherwise been floating around the relegation spots or lower mid table these past few years, even dropping into League One at one point. So to end 3 points off the playoffs and get sacked for it is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe he's been sniffing around for a job elsewhere and they're not tolerating it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think it's a good move to have more EFL games on, personally - but on that last point, are they legally allowed to show 3pm Saturday kick-offs?

Blackout only applies if Prem sides are playing at the same time it seems.

• Like 2

Goals aside, the pattern of the game has been the same as Monday - Crewe on top for the first 20 minutes, then we've started to take control of the play. Just obviously haven't scored.

Hopefully McCann tells them in the dressing room to treat the game like it's 0-0. Think maybe they've gotten too wrapped up in the occasion so far.

McCann said afterwards that any player who doesn't want to go for the title next season can leave now, sounds good to me.

It's saved me money and time on Wembley and I actually won £160 on a bet with Crewe winning, so here are the positives.

• Like 1