Sky Bet EFL 2023/24

Lineker

Sheffield Wednesday are a mess.

Lee Gregory has been a bit part player for them this season, only appearing 12 times - they had offers for him from league one in January and Gregory was keen to move, so was Wednesday's manager, but their owner said no, so he stayed. The problem here is that Wednesday haven't registered him in their squad for the rest of the season.

They have the space to, they just haven't. So they're paying him pretty substantial wages - he was on Championship wages like most of their squad despite them being in League One last season and they extended that deal using a clause. And by some sources they're paying him over £500k to train for the rest of the season.

Granted losing to Huddersfield isn't the best look but it feels a bit sudden, they've been doing okay under him haven't they?

I know that footage of him seemingly blanking his own player after subbing him off was doing the rounds but I can't imagine something like that would be the instigating factor here.

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Granted losing to Huddersfield isn't the best look but it feels a bit sudden, they've been doing okay under him haven't they?

I know that footage of him seemingly blanking his own player after subbing him off was doing the rounds but I can't imagine something like that would be the instigating factor here.

Only won a few games, fans never took to him. Seems like it was doomed from the start, and Mowbray beating them on the weekend has underlined how bad a decision that was.

52 minutes ago, Adam said:

Only won a few games, fans never took to him. Seems like it was doomed from the start, and Mowbray beating them on the weekend has underlined how bad a decision that was.

When you have to apologise to the fans after losing your first game 3-0, at home, you know it's probably not going to end well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, King Ellis said:

4 wins in 12, he's an absolute clown whose name is dirt at all three clubs he's managed now.

Supposedly the players can't stand him after they got beat a few weeks ago he ordered everyone in to train the next day, he still took the day off. 😂

• Haha 1