Sky Bet EFL 2023/24

Lineker

William Storey, that conman who 'sponsored' Haas F1 through Rich Energy before getting removed because they didn't actually pay Haas any money, is back at it. Apparently, he's buying Reading for £50m.

His company, which has never sold any product, is currently insolvent and in the process of being wound up, but he's got £50m+ to invest into a football team.

If he passes the EFL Fit & Proper test, I reckon my cat could pass it too.

• Like 1

He's being mugged off if he's paying £50 million for League One relegation battlers Reading. With the issues they are having surely Sheffield Wednesday or West Brom wouldn't cost that much more.

Though it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if this is just a publicity stunt to get his name back in the news.

If he does have the money he'll sail through the EFLs fit and proper test. It's somehow even more of a joke than the Premier League's one.

• Like 1

2-0 down away at Carrow Road, only to turn it around and win 2-3 thanks to a Summerville brace, fantastic. Up to 3rd now due to Leicester's form that is pretty much cheating TBH.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

2-0 down away at Carrow Road, only to turn it around and win 2-3 thanks to a Summerville brace, fantastic. Up to 3rd now due to Leicester's form that is pretty much cheating TBH.

We'll do our best to derail Ipswich for you when we play them next (or after Sheffield Wednesday, can't remember which order it is).