Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

25 minutes ago, Tkasto said:

So should I check Titans or not?

It has gotten some good reviews, admittedly. Apart from some pretty massive deviations from the comics and all that, and what seems to be a super edgy broody mentality that should've gone out of style in the mid 00s.

But from reviews, it seems to be well beyond average, for what it's worth. Seems like one of those 'You won't neccesarily hate it, but it won't be the best thing you could be watching at any given time' shows.

Edited by Jasonmufc

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Kirkland's been keeping up with Titans, but in the previous episode..

Spoiler

Raven's father, the demon Trigon, heals a dying Beast Boy as part of a pact with Raven's mother. When the rest of the Titans get to Raven's mother's house, only Dick can pass through the magical barrier surrounding the house in order to get to Trigon, Beast Boy, Raven, and Raven's mother Angela.

So basically, I'd put my money on the whole thing being some sort of hallucination or elseworlds type deal that Trigon is putting Nightwing through.

Aquaman was incredibly long. Nicole Kidman was the best part about it, unsurprisingly. Patrick Wilson was actually very fun as Oceanmaster as well. 

Um, what else? Jason Momoa is really fucking hot. I slept through most of his stuff, though.

Oh, also there's a weird thing that happens in the final battle that I and I'm sure Lars fucking loved.

• Like 1

Saw Into The Spiderverse on Sunday and really had fun with it.  My only real issue with it is Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir and Penni Parker just felt tacked on to show how crazy the multiverse can be.  They were mostly comic relief and could be removed from the movie and lose nothing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Saw Into The Spiderverse on Sunday and really had fun with it.  My only real issue with it is Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir and Penni Parker just felt tacked on to show how crazy the multiverse can be.  They were mostly comic relief and could be removed from the movie and lose nothing

Agreed. Was surprised how long it took for them to enter the movie. Mulaney as Spider-Ham was one of the things I was most excited about and yet, all his funny lines were in the trailers. 

Yeah, I felt more or less the same way. It also didn't really sustain its length for me, once they got to like twenty minutes to the end or so I was pretty much ready for it to be done. Still a really cool, stylish movie, though, and the post-credits scene is an all-time great one.

Spiderverse was amazing! One of my favorite Spider-Man movies. It did seem like maybe it was a little long but I loved it so much I didn't care.

But I really came in here to ask a Venom question/complain about the TV commercial. I haven't seen it yet but we are planning on watching it this weekend. This might be a big movie spoiler though so don't read unless you've seen it.

Spoiler

In the commercial for the Blu Ray release they showed Woody Harrelson and he looks exactly like Cletus Kassady and I'm sure Carnage wasn't supposed to be in this movie and I know they never mentioned Woody being in the movie. They just spoiled a cool surprise for me didn't they?

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Spiderverse was amazing! One of my favorite Spider-Man movies. It did seem like maybe it was a little long but I loved it so much I didn't care.

But I really came in here to ask a Venom question/complain about the TV commercial. I haven't seen it yet but we are planning on watching it this weekend. This might be a big movie spoiler though so don't read unless you've seen it.

Hide contents

In the commercial for the Blu Ray release they showed Woody Harrelson and he looks exactly like Cletus Kassady and I'm sure Carnage wasn't supposed to be in this movie and I know they never mentioned Woody being in the movie. They just spoiled a cool surprise for me didn't they?

There's an answer in the spoiler tag for you. It talks about placement though, so don't read if you don't want to know.

Yes and no. It was a nice little surprise, but it's a post-credits scene to set up the sequel and nothing more. Literally nothing of interest happens. They just show us the cool new toy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

There's an answer in the spoiler tag for you. It talks about placement though, so don't read if you don't want to know.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Thanks! I actually feel better about it now knowing that's what it is. Would have been a neat surprise but I'm still excited to see it

Can't lie. A little bummed still that it's not Ron Perlman, but David Harbour seems pretty fit for the job, eh?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ClouDelightful said:

Can't lie. A little bummed still that it's not Ron Perlman, but David Harbour seems pretty fit for the job, eh?

Yeah I'm happy for him. Been a fan of his for awhile so between Stranger Things and this, it's nice to his career take off. 

Anybody else see Into the Spider-Verse?

Honestly probably the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Probably just me thinking that because it's basically my childhood dream movie and the soundtrack really hit home for me too! Other than that it was just perfect. Animation was unbelievable. Also

Spoiler

The death of Miles Universe's Peter Parker really hit hard. The death and memorial scene was pretty emotional and the Stan Lee cameo made it even more sombre. It was like watching my own hero growing up die.

Me 45 minutes into Aquaman: "oh shit, is this movie good? I think this movie is good."

Me an hour and a half into Aquaman: "oh, no, this movie is bad. Okay."

Me at the end of Aquaman: "no that's also not true, this movie is just decent."

It was decent. It basically manages to thread the needle on being big and dumb and cheesy without actually being corny for a good while (there's a sight gag right before the first Aquaman/Ocean Master fight that's the absolute funniest thing to ever happen in a DCEU movie, it's a Thor: Ragnarok-caliber bit) but then it veers into being really corny and lame and then it more or less finds its way back. Probably neck-and-neck with Man of Steel for being the second-best of this era of DC movies.