Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Fox has the rights to Quicksilver as a mutant. Marvel maintains the rights to Quicksilver as an Avenger, but cannot call him a mutant. Which is what makes it a strong possibility that the Inhumans are in the midst here, because it would give an explanation to the rise of the super powered humans in the MCU.

Also, both guys are good actors, so I won't judge on miscasting these roles until I see pictures of them in the role, and maybe even until I see the films themselves.

Fox went for the more well known, teen girl friendly actor and Marvel went a guy well respected young actor. I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson is going to do a fantastic job as Pietro.

It's semantics but I highly doubt that Peters is more known. I'm sure there's a level of recognition that comes with appearing on a majority of American Horror Story but I'm not sure it's anymore than the level of recognition that comes with playing the lead in a decent-sized superhero property (Kick-Ass).

That said, my point is relatively moot as both are great young actors.

Yeah, it was just odd to see someone championing Evan Peters as obviously more famous than the guy that lead the biggest movie he's been in (Kick-Ass). Plus, with Taylor-Johnson about to break out big between Godzilla and this, it was even weirder.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a good actor, not so sure about the other one. But I can't see them as a fitting Pietro. Pietro should be a lot older, since Magneto is pretty old!

But if I have to choose between the two it would be Aaron Taylor-Johnson all the way.

Yeah, it was just odd to see someone championing Evan Peters as obviously more famous than the guy that lead the biggest movie he's been in (Kick-Ass). Plus, with Taylor-Johnson about to break out big between Godzilla and this, it was even weirder.

Each guy brings a different crowd though. Taylor-Johnson has credibility because of his role in the Kick-Ass films, and Godzilla will help to expose his acting chops to audiences outside of the superhero genre. Peters will bring legions of fan girls to see X-Men though, and don't forget, he was also in Kick-Ass. So despite the fact that he wasn't a hero in that, this won't be his first superhero flick.

Both guys bring different things to the equation, but I personally think that if either one of them has potential to be a game changer, it's going to be Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the Avengers. If Evan Peters is anything more than a bit player in Days of Future Past, I will be surprised.

EDIT: for the Avengers, they can't mention Magneto at all, so the casting of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch comes down to how they want to portray them in the Cinematic Universe. For Fox though, with Magneto being established in the series, the only way I would think that the casting of Peters works is if they completely ignore that Mags is his father, or if Quicksilver is actually in the past, with the rest of the First Class group. Maybe he will be part of Magneto's terrorist group at the start of the film... though, again, there is also the possibility that Magneto could have gone into hiding between the events of First Class and the original X-Men film at some point. He could easily have fathered a child in his "grandpa" years, and just not mentioned it during the original trilogy.

Of course, this is all assuming that they're trying to make everything fit together in a series that is a bigger clusterfuck than late-era WCW.

• Like 1

What fangirls is Peters bringing? Because American Horror Story has an audience but it isn't THAT big nor is it that rabid. That was my point. I don't see where this idea is coming from.

Social media would say otherwise. I can't go on any of my accounts without seeing his face at least once a day. That's pretty big exposure in modern times.

What fangirls is Peters bringing? Because American Horror Story has an audience but it isn't THAT big nor is it that rabid. That was my point. I don't see where this idea is coming from.

Social media would say otherwise. I can't go on any of my accounts without seeing his face at least once a day. That's pretty big exposure in modern times.

Guess that depends on your peer-group: I did not now him and had to do research on what he even did. Haven't seen his face ever (maybe because I'm not that into American Horror Story)

Doesn't mean that there is no buzz around him, but as I said: it depends on your peer group...

Don't get me wrong, I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a good actor, not so sure about the other one. But I can't see them as a fitting Pietro. Pietro should be a lot older, since Magneto is pretty old!

But if I have to choose between the two it would be Aaron Taylor-Johnson all the way.

Magneto as a frame of reference doesn't really make sense for a universe he doesn't feature in, and in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's first appearances in Marvel canon they were both pretty young.

Plus Marvel has demonstrated that they're willing to tweak comic book canon to fit the cinematic universe anyways.

yeah, sadly ...

If you can't enjoy the adaptions of the MCU, then you might as well give up on these films. There's literally never going to be anything closer to the original canon than the MCU.

• Like 2