Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

They can't go cheap on a property like Doctor Strange if they want to make any money. They'll need a big name to go along with it.

Also, are you saying they'll never put Lang or Pym in the Avengers? I'll bet one of them makes it into the third film.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if they did. Younger Pym I'd have believed, but Lang has less value than Pym... and I'm not sure how useful old man Pym would be. It's not impossible, I'm just thinking it's unlikely.

And they went cheap on Guardians cast for the most part and that's looking like it'll work out alright.

Guardians is different, they can sell it as the sum of its parts. It remains to be seen how well it will actually do at the box office.

I can see where Avengers 3 might be getting a bit crowded, but I really don't think you cast someone like Paul Rudd as a hero who has been a part of the Avengers for decades, if you don't plan on bringing him into the Avengers franchise at some point. Douglas as Pym is just the Anthony Hopkins role of that franchise.

I'd be surprised if they did. Younger Pym I'd have believed, but Lang has less value than Pym... and I'm not sure how useful old man Pym would be. It's not impossible, I'm just thinking it's unlikely.

And they went cheap on Guardians cast for the most part and that's looking like it'll work out alright.

I don't understand why you keep on insisting that Lang won't be apart of the Avengers. Thief or not, by the end of the Ant-Man movie, he's going to be a hero and that's really the only per-requisite for the Avengers.

Talk is that the reason Batman Vs. Superman is so packed is because DC wants to dual shoot Batman Vs. Superman AND a Justice League film, so they can release one BvS in 2015, leave on a cliffhanger and air Justice League in 2016.

Who has the rights to Namor in movies? There is talk of a Planet Hulk movie and I'm trying to peice together who could be part of the illuminati that send him away. So far it's Tony and Strange.

I seem to recall the rights to Namor are with someone really random or something, due to them buying the right ages ago.

If that's not true, I imagine he'll be someone that exists in the same gray area as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I think most characters that haven't been used in films previously are, for the most part, free game.