Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony just released a three-part poster for Amazing Spider-Man 2 which contains HUGE spoilers.

spider-banner.jpg

So Electro, Rhino, AND presumably Harry Osborn Green Goblin in one movie? AND possibly something awful happening to Gwen, according to Marc Webb? Now, I loved the first one, a lot more than I ever thought I would (I was openly critical of the reboot and everything leading up to it, went to see it with nearly no expectations whatsoever and I was happy to say it proved me wrong), but I think this is way too much too soon. I'll wait and see, but I'm not liking this. Hopefully it'll prove me wrong again.

Oh, and here's Marc Webb's quote about Gwen, apparently given to a USA Today article:

And while Parker promised to keep Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) out of his masked lifestyle, he's also "madly, crazily in love with her," says the director. "She plays a crucial, terrifyingly pivotal role in the film."

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

The problem with Spider-Man 3 was far more than just "TOO MANY VILLAINS!", though. I see that thrown around a lot, but really, if it'd been Sandman, Hobgoblin and someone other than Venom, it probably wouldn't have stung so much. But the Venom stuff especially could carry a film on its own, which led to a major disappointment with how little he really featured or mattered. There's no reason three villains couldn't work, especially three C-Listers like Rhino, Hobgoblin and Electro. They just need to, you know, write a better film. >_>

It could work, but I think they'd need a way bigger expanded roster of heroes to fight alongside him. If Harry ends up as a good Goblin again, they introduce Black Cat eventually and uhhh... someone... else? It could work okay. Really, when you look at it, of a potential six villains, we'll probably only see two or three genuine threats. It's going to take a lot better work than we've currently seen this thus far from Webb's work, though. Guy has got the Peter Parker stuff down, but when the superhero stuff of your superhero film is the weakest part... It's not so good.

So in kind of boring casting choices, Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman.

I didn't know who she was either until I youtubed some scene of her from Fast and Furious 6. I'm underwhelmed for the most part.

It's just so... I dunno, boring? Jaimie Alexander would've been lovely. It's a damn shame she's stuck with a character that's totally underused by Marvel.

To be fair, the casting pretty much falls in line with WB/DC's way of casting heroes. Outside of Affleck, they hire under-the-radar names. And I've said it before, that's actually smart because it prevents the audience from being distracted by trying to buy that big star as a superhero.

I would have loved Alexander but I'm not surprised they shied away from going the super obvious route.

She looks way too wispy. She doesn't have to be built like Chyna or Beth Phoenix but Wonder Woman should at least look like she'd be kinda strong. Maybe she'll hit the gym hard but right now she doesn't look like Wonder Woman.

Edit:In fact, as far as size goes I think along the lines of Victoria for WW

http://0.tqn.com/d/prowrestling/1/0/E/g/-/-/wwe-diva-victoria.jpg

• Like 2

I... don't hate it. In fact, I quite like it. I still think it's a villain overload, but seems like it has potential to be fun.

Put the url between tags.

I liked it. I was a big fan of the first and this looks like it could be even better. I'm sold.

Looks like it'll be good but I really don't like the way the Green Goblin costume looks and I'm not too keen on the guy playing Harry anyway.

• Like 1