Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already crazy psyched for Guardians, but somehow listening to Gunn's obvious passion for the film just makes me all the more psyched.

And I will love if Diesel is actually doing Thanos and Groot. I'm not sure it'd be that hard... and it'd be the absolute perfect cover for it. What better way to convince people you're not playing a role than by playing an entirely different character?

So James Gunn was pretty vague and non-committal when asked about Vin Diesel playing Groot, perhaps pointing towards him actually voicing Thanos instead.

Super Hero Hype posted an interview with James Gunn that mentions that Thanos is not a CGI character, which also brings up quite a few more possibilities. So, if Diesel were attached to Thanos, he would actually be portraying the character completely, as opposed to just voicing it.

Marvel will be putting four new series on Netflix starting in 2015. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil. Plus a Defenders miniseries.

Wow and damn.

Good luck finding the opening in his schedule. He's attached to so much stuff already. I'm sure if he really wanted to, he would but man, the guy's got like a bajillion projects in various stages of development.

I really enjoyed Thor 2 but I probably enjoyed a bit more than the people that have talked about it so far. The pacing is a bit off (not enough happens in the first hour, a bit too much happens in the second) but overall, I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. Outside of Iron Man and The Avengers, I thought this was the best one of the Marvel films. Ultimately I think Cap 2 will exceed it but I would still love to see a third. Oh man, I can't really believe how funny it was.

The Captain America cameo was fantastic and probably the funniest bit outside of Thor placing the hammer on a coat rack.

An issue with the plotting was that they should've waited to re-introduce Loki's tricks until they confront Malekith instead of telegraphing it with the tricks in the cell. I felt like the swerve would've had a much bigger impact because while I know he has the ability, it didn't cross my mind until they outright pointed it out. Still, that's a rather minor detail so all in all, I thought it was fantastic.

It's interesting how dividing this film seems to be. I think a lot of the Marvel films seem to have this going on lately, if we look back at both Iron Man 3 and Captain America. I absolutely loved both, but people weren't so hot on either of those.

The only problem I had with Captain America was that it felt too much like the first act to The Avengers and supporting character development took a huge hit to where Red Skull didn't feel as important as he should've. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. And I fucking loved Iron Man 3 to the point where I saw it twice in two days.

See, I didn't have that problem with Captain America, I never really saw the "set up to Avengers" thing, outside of introducing some of the elements. If anything, Thor is the biggest offender of that.

For me, Captain America was like if Marvel did an Indiana Jones film. And it was awesome.

See, I didn't have that problem with Captain America, I never really saw the "set up to Avengers" thing, outside of introducing some of the elements. If anything, Thor is the biggest offender of that.

For me, Captain America was like if Marvel did an Indiana Jones film. And it was awesome.

Yup yup yup.

I really wish I could love Iron Man 3, especially since I like Shane Black (and by extension, adore Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), but it just didn't hit home for me. It's good (Marvel hasn't made an outright bad film since they started this) but I ultimately felt a little let down by the final product.

The Dick Grayson rumors from earlier in the week weren't bullshit.

I haven't seen Girls so I can't comment on Adam Driver's skills but I can't help but be a bit disappointed that they're intent is to introduce seemingly every Justice League character in the Batman vs. Superman film.