Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of what they said. I think I'm the only one amongst my comic-book-film-loving friends who's a massive mark for Cap, and Winter Soldier in particular, so I think their reaction will be "eh...looks a bit dull" (I'll shared the trailer on FB so we'll see).

But if so, fuck 'em. :shifty:

One word reaction to said trailer from my dear brother:

"Tosh."

In case you were wondering if his opinion is worth anything, I'll tell you that he's a ginger, vegetarian Philosophy graduate who likes interior design...and leave it at that.

I wasn't sure whether people knew he was in it and didn't want to spoil it for anyone who might not see the trailer.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpPXp0pIs8

I still can't believe that teasers for teasers has become a thing that exists.

All of what they said. I think I'm the only one amongst my comic-book-film-loving friends who's a massive mark for Cap, and Winter Soldier in particular, so I think their reaction will be "eh...looks a bit dull" (I'll shared the trailer on FB so we'll see).

But if so, fuck 'em. :shifty:

One word reaction to said trailer from my dear brother:

"Tosh."

In case you were wondering if his opinion is worth anything, I'll tell you that he's a ginger, vegetarian Philosophy graduate who likes interior design...and leave it at that.

It was clear his opinion wasn't worth anything simply by his response to the trailer. :P

I dunno, my preferred Reed Richards is like, the second smartest man in Marvel canon and a complicated character. I like the man he becomes, I've no interest in seeing him get there. Same with all the rest really, I don't want to see manic depressed The Thing who tried to slit his wrists because OH MAN I'M MADE OF ROCKSSSSSSSSS. Ugh. I'm looking forward to seeing a good Fantastic Four film, but I'm not at all interested in the way they seem to be going with it.

Not that it matters about Reed, as the director has just confirmed this guy isn't playing him. >_>

Yeah, about that...

According to that interview, it's not quite as false as the director seemed to indicate.

I wouldn't mind it, though. Teller is a rising star and is apparently pretty good in The Spectacular Now. He's been solid in what I've seen of him but those have been more comedic roles.

I wish I was more excited for this film. I love Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I just don't really care at all about a Fantastic Four outside of Marvel continuity that's entirely kids.

If anything it just kind of bums me out that Marvel can't use Galactus and Silver Surfer.

I guess I get the pessimism but Trank did well with Chronicle and Matthew Vaughn is on board to produce so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I see some footage. Plus, the potential casting of Michael B. Jordon as Johnny Storm is just too awesome not to be intrigued.

While I do admit that the trailer put a good dent into my pessimism for the film, I'm still not entirely psyched for it but I'm also not sure I'll ever be with Singer directing. It definitely looks like it has potential but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I share Livid' s sentiments. I want to see a new vision of the franchise. They've been kicking this one around in various forms for 13 years.

My absolute adoration of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the comics helped me to really enjoy Thor 2.

But man, you guys are going to hate it.

The whole film feels like it was cobbled together from some bullet points, the villain is definitely the weakest of any Marvel villain yet and whilst it's a really funny film at times, the pacing is so fucked up that it's almost baffling. Especially the ending. I mean, there's still fun to be had... and it's awesome to see Loki and Thor interact again and to explore more of Asgard, but it's all completely rushed. You're reintroduced to awesome characters like Volstagg and Lady Sif and the new and improved Frandal and they appear for all of thirty seconds. That really sucked, especially with how the trailers teased some more Sif/Thor action which is a couple I'm way more behind than Jane/Thor because Sif is awesome.

I really hope Captain America: The Winter Soldier can break the pattern of the second films being not very good.

Also Thor's mother Frigga is a total badass.

Post scene talk... of which there's two, by the way. You totally don't need to stay for the second one, I'll let everyone know what it is in the spoilers, because it's nothing interesting.

Thor turns up and kisses Jane. That's it.

As for the awesome first mid-credit scene...

Oh my god you guys the Guardians world is going to be so fucking weird you're totally not ready for it. And

holy shit Infinity Gems. The slow burn to Thanos is going to be so, so worth it.

I had wondered if my appreciation of the film had been dulled by being semi-conscious through much of the second half, but my assessment seems to match what you guys are saying. It's certainly lurking around the Iron Man 2 level of "sure it's fine and enjoyable but...I dunno, eh?" films.

And to reiterate the second of Tkz's spoiler boxes:

MARK SO FUCKING HARD FOR THE INFINITY GEMS

Although if the Tesseract is one and this Ether stuff is the other, I wonder if they're going to be the classic Soul/Time/Space/Mind/Reality/Power gems or if they're going to just be Six Miscellaneous Things of Awesomeness.

If the former...colour alone would suggest the Tesseract was the Mind Gem and the Ether was the Power Gem, which could kind of loosely fit I guess. Part of me is slightly irked that the Cosmic Cube has sort of become merged with this thing, but I suppose from their sense of narrative there's no harm in cutting down the number of SUPER POWER MACGUFFIN TRINKETS a little. :shifty: