Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Agree with Kirk on the dude playing Harry. Didn't enjoy him in Chronicle and not too sure about him here. Then again, I was never sold on Garfield either. (Franco and Tobey forever dammit!)

With all of this being said, the trailer looked really good. I'm reasonably excited for this.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry is hideous. Like, offputtingly so.

Looks like Rhino might be a bit of a side villain rather than the 'cram everyone in together' that Spiderman 3 was. Probably for the best, but might be a shame to see so little Giamatti.

Oh by the way, X-Men: Apocalypse is a thing. Presumably featuring Apocalypse and maybe the original cast again, seeing as Age of Apocalypse is all about time travel and the future and stuff?

Either way, fucking cool.

• Like 1

It kind of sucks that First Class being based in the past means we'll never see characters like Colossus or Kitty, though. Or a Cyclops on par with awesome, Mutant Revolution Leader Cyclops from AvX and prior.

Outside of Last Stand (which I'll point out that Singer didn't actually direct...), I'm pretty fond of the Singerverse X-Men. I could do with a little less Wolverine eventually, but I feel like I've been saying that about Wolverine in all mediums for a long time now... I don't even dislike the character, he's just in everything. There's so many great X-Men characters to explore, it sucks that he's the only one popular enough to get spin offs.

I feel like Singer get's a really bad rap, despite the fact all he's really done since X-2 was one really awful film, one totally forgettable film and one that I thought was pretty fun. We gave Zack Snyder a shot and it worked out okay for the most part. Not to mention the film's still being written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman, who have a pretty solid track record.

EDIT: Looking at the Days of Future Past wiki, William Striker returns?! No Brian Cox, but man, considering he was probably the best antagonist X-Men that wasn't Magneto in all of the films, I'm kind of psyched that he might play even a small part.

It's fine, for the most part, it's just that we've been having movies set in this universe since 2000.

I'd like to see an entirely new interpretation.

I'm cool with it so long as they run alongside each other, which I feel like we might see for a little while. The Singerverse continues as long as Jackman wants to play Wolverine, I'd say. No harm in letting it carry on if we get stuff like Apocalypse whilst First Class' universe keeps on.

I'm super psyched for Days of Future Past and Apocalypse because they're really different themes than we've seen previously in the X-Men films. We're actually starting to venture a little further into the Sci-Fi field with the time travel stuff. And if Apocalypse is even remotely like he is in the comics (which I hope so, because it's be such a drastic change and it'd rule), then we're seeing the difference in worlds on par with Iron Man 1 and Thor. Which is awesome.

...Let's just hope they forget about all the boring Shiar and Space X-Men stuff... because man, Dark Phoenix saga is just not as compelling as people would have you believe.

It kind of sucks that First Class being based in the past means we'll never see characters like Colossus or Kitty, though. Or a Cyclops on par with awesome, Mutant Revolution Leader Cyclops from AvX and prior.

Outside of Last Stand (which I'll point out that Singer didn't actually direct...), I'm pretty fond of the Singerverse X-Men. I could do with a little less Wolverine eventually, but I feel like I've been saying that about Wolverine in all mediums for a long time now... I don't even dislike the character, he's just in everything. There's so many great X-Men characters to explore, it sucks that he's the only one popular enough to get spin offs.

I feel like Singer get's a really bad rap, despite the fact all he's really done since X-2 was one really awful film, one totally forgettable film and one that I thought was pretty fun. We gave Zack Snyder a shot and it worked out okay for the most part. Not to mention the film's still being written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman, who have a pretty solid track record.

EDIT: Looking at the Days of Future Past wiki, William Striker returns?! No Brian Cox, but man, considering he was probably the best antagonist X-Men that wasn't Magneto in all of the films, I'm kind of psyched that he might play even a small part.

They brought in Simon Kinberg (seemingly one of Singer's "guys") to re-write it so I'm not sure how much of Vaughn/Goldman's stuff is left, especially since they just used a part of it as one of their viral marketing things (Bent Bullet).

Also, Singer's burned through more of his good-will than Snyder has. It doesn't help that Singer's best film is the first one he made so that changes expectations.

But what Maxx said works too.

It's fine, for the most part, it's just that we've been having movies set in this universe since 2000.

I'd like to see an entirely new interpretation.

I hope you weren't one of the people bitching about rebooting the Spiderman series which was only two short years after this.

New trailer looks good, I prefer Maguire as Spiderman but Garfield did a great job.

Nope, I was fine with that reboot, Spider-Man 3 did too much damage to that version and Tobey Maguire was getting too old and too rubbery to play Spider-Man. People complain about the reboot, but I guarantee The Amazing Spider-Man is a far better film then Raimi's fourth would have been, based on the rumored script and cast.

• Like 2

Spider-Man 2 was wonderful, I could leave Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3. Killing off Green Goblin was a terrible move, but hey, it was one of the first Marvel films to make the transition work. Can't fault the first gen too much, really.

When they announced Days of Future Past, I didn't think an X-Men film could get me more excited than that idea. But Apocalypse? Hell yeah. Always been the 'big bad' of the X world in my eyes.

2016 they say? I do believe that the same year the X-Force movie is meant to be out. The X-Force movie which will have Cable in it. No there's no way these two films can be released within the same year and not be related.