2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Is this the best thread to talk about the CWC? Probably I guess...it won't be doing anything else until the draws on the 20th.

My boss is from Auckland, so it was amusing to update him on the score. :shifty: Still no peep from any TV channel about broadcasting any of the matches...they have a week left until the first Chelsea game.

Way to ruining our EUFA coefficient Chelsea and Man City. :angry:

Listening to Talk Sport this morning and the news reporter totally butchered "Sanfrecce Hiroshima"

For a start it's not HeeRoeSheMah <_<

Glad they won the league this season though - Hiroshima are my second city of choice over here.

• Admin
Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez confirms that Blues captain John Terry will not travel to the Fifa Club World Cup in Japan because of his knee injury. Chelsea will travel to Japan after Saturday's Premier League game at Sunderland and will face the Mexican side Monterrey or Korean team Ulsan Hyundai in the tournament semi-finals on 13 December. Terry has been out since picking up the injury against Liverpool last month.

So here's the full picture...

559845_541084905920196_839252722_n.jpg

Which is actually pretty smart defense if well done. You have everyone offside and you press the guy with the ball so he eventually loses it. Of course if one of the defenders misunderstands the Barcelona players' movement here they may very well get back onside and it goes wrong.

George Savilles on the bench, is he a Chelsea pensioner they've brought along as a competition winner?

Fuck, Lawro. So we'll have every Monterrey player dismissed as shit for 90 minutes even if they're winning, because he's never seen them.

I always forget just how naff stadiums with a running track are for footie. I hate sitting behind the goals at the best of times, but its even worse if you're about 40 yards away from it. Reckon my old Level 7 seat had a better view.