Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

I'm not exactly an advocate for the scene or anything, but the whole point was supposed to be Jax making stupid, reckless decisions because he was in over his head, eventually leading to him getting his shit together and outsmarting Clay rather than outright murderizing him.

I found it fine enough, though it did have a copious amount of stupid involved. I've not come to expect big, smart things from the show. It's a show that still entertained me. I have hope that these last couple of seasons bring some redemption for the characters because I absolutely do not want to hate watch it till the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, they really should have come up with a better way to make them want to get out of running guns than that. Something like that is never going to be in anything but poor taste. I'm honestly surprised FX let them air it.

Yeah, that was really unsettling and kind of weird. I mean, overall I liked the episode, but that was. Just. Yeah.

What the fuck, Sons of Anarchy. Why?

So many other ways they could have got them out of running guns and shown the effect their gun running is having on the community. So many less tasteless ways.

God, the more I think about it the worse it is. Did you really need the satanic images? Wouldn't it have been enough for him to just walk into the school, did we really need to hear the screams?

I mean, I'd probably dislike it less (though, I'd still be uncomfortable with it) if it was on a show where I still had faith in the writing team, but this just stinks of shock imagery to make up for a total lack of substance.

FX has already let American Horror Story run a spot like that in their first season, so I'm not entirely surprised by it but yeah, it was completely unsettling and disturbing.

Quite a lot has happened between the first season of AHS and now.

So many other ways they could have got them out of running guns and shown the effect their gun running is having on the community. So many less tasteless ways.

God, the more I think about it the worse it is. Did you really need the satanic images? Wouldn't it have been enough for him to just walk into the school, did we really need to hear the screams?

I mean, I'd probably dislike it less (though, I'd still be uncomfortable with it) if it was on a show where I still had faith in the writing team, but this just stinks of shock imagery to make up for a total lack of substance.

Or, y'know, emotive imagery.

• Like 1

Or, y'know, emotive imagery.

It's the drama equivalent of "Eddies in hell". Cheap heat.

I was pretty close to done with this show last season, this didn't help. Even without that ending, this show continues to unravel. It's like if the guys behind Breaking Bad did a really piss poor job of connecting everything together.

And wrote characters bad.

Also I forgot Donal Logue is pretty fantastic. Though, I don't really get why Torric has to be a drug user to put over the fact that he's damaged. He's done plenty of stuff that shows how fucked up he is, he doesn't need to be an addict too just to drive the point home.