Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

Some stuff coming out about season 6 now. Spoilers for some of season 5 are here though

With Tara (Maggie Siff) being led away in handcuffs in Sons of Anarchy‘s season 5 finale, it’s no surprise that Wendy (Drea de Matteo), Jax’s ex-wife and mother of his first-born, Abel, will be back in the picture in season 6. As TV Line was the first to report, de Matteo will reprise her role in multiple episodes. EW has confirmed the return engagement starts with the season 6 premiere in September.

In the December finale, Tara had wanted Jax to sign legal documents naming Wendy as their sons’ legal guardian should anything happen to them. But after Tara’s arrest for conspiring to murder the prison nurse Otto stabbed with the crucifix she’d brought him, Jax tore the papers in half. He’d recently shot up recovering addict Wendy with heroin to discredit her should she try to pursue a custody battle for Abel, so we wouldn’t expect him to welcome her help now.

Chatting with reporters last fall, de Matteo said she believed Wendy’s motives for wanting to form a relationship with Abel were pure: “I think she is, probably after all of the treatment that she’s been through and now becoming a counselor herself, the healthiest of the bunch. It’s pretty crazy…. It’s like watching a child grow up, to a certain degree. I think in the very beginning of the series she was extremely, extremely vulnerable. At first she was mess, then she was sober and a raw nerve. Now she comes back with her confidence in tact and not wanting to stir any s— up except to be a responsible party. And it seems the whole entire world has imploded, and she’s gonna have a hard time maneuvering within it because nobody’s stable over there. She’s now become the face of stability (Laughs), which is kind of funny.”

Also scheduled to make an appearance in season 6: A song on which SOA creator Kurt Sutter collaborated with de Matteo’s longtime partner, Shooter Jennings. Sutter wrote the lyrics and Jennings the music.

I had no idea Drea de Matteo and Shooter Jennings are a thing. That's awesome.

EDIT: Oh, also, I don't know if it's been reported, but Jimmy Smits is going to be a regular in season 6.

oh yes, and Donal Logue will be returning also

I'm sure I'll get into once it's time but after the ending to last season I'm not really interested in watching this show. Sucks I used to really like it

Yeah, I'm the same. I think Sons might have started to outstay it's welcome. I just don't care all that much any more.

Yeah I quit halfway through the season and actually just read the the synopsis of the rest of the season on Wiki and I'm quite glad I decided to stop because it sounds pretty bad. Honestly, the ending of Season 4 was the beginning of the end for me so it's a miracle I even stuck with it through any part of this past season.

EDIT: Which is actually kind of a shame since I really liked Jimmy Smit's character.

What about Chuckie?

Really don't understand the hate its getting. They were never good people, I don't understand why people are expecting them to be virtuous.

Everyone will get what is coming to them in some way, just like it happened on The Shield.

• Like 4

Really don't understand the hate its getting. They were never good people, I don't understand why people are expecting them to be virtuous.

Everyone will get what is coming to them in some way, just like it happened on The Shield.

I can only speak for myself but I dont want them to be virtuous but at least a few of them had some redeeming qualities. Thats mostly gone now.

Yeah, they live pretty dirty lives, it's showing that you can't get clean and more often than not, you get pulled down even further into shit.

Yeah, I'm with srar on this one. Everything that Jax had done up until that point, I guess I could find some silver lining for. But that was just way out of line, even for him.

Yeah, the writing has gotten pretty dumb and formulaic. I have a degree of investment in the characters.

And yeah, that Jax thing was so stupid, and the nicest thing I can say about it was that both Wendy and Tara handled the fallout from that in much less stupid fashion than I was expecting.