EWB's Top 100 Artists of 2012

gunnar hendershow

Black Sabbath, The Pogues, and the Talking Heads, great shit right there. Sabbath and the Pogues have always been among my favorites, and the Talking Heads I discovered mostly through the vinyl my dad gave me (Fear of Music, More Songs about Buildings and Food, and Little Creatures. Life Before Wartime is a great song, it's something that could get a party rocking.

A few of the others, Pink Floyd. I don't care much for them and even tried to convince myself that I enjoyed the Syd Barrett years, but I can't find any interest in anything they did. Syd Barrett was better off on his own.

And the Killers are such weak ass, lame fucking crap. Somebody at work was playing them this morning, and I started to vomit.

Papa Roach always has a place in my heart because I was 9 and wanted one of their songs ("Broken Home" or "Home") or something like that as my entrance theme for when I'd make it as a WWF wrestler :shifty:

Talking Heads and Pink Floyd have stuff that I like, especially Pink Floyd, they are really great to listen to.

The Killers are fucking awesome and so damn good I can listen to them all fucking day long.

Miles Davis has really nice music but it's not something I can listen to for an extended period of time for some reason.

Another decent group (barring Papa Roach and The Killers). I've only heard two songs by The Killers, liked one of them, the other was fantastically boring. Last Resort came out when I was 13, and even then I wasn't a huge fan of it (and I liked nu-metal shit like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock at the time). How they've managed to remain relevant is a mystery, full of changes no one sees.

• Like 1

I feel for people who haven't listened to a Killers album should definitely give Hot Fuss a shot. It's genuinely really, really good and barely has a weak track.

Hot Fuss and Sam's Town is immensely awesome. Everytime I see "When You Were Young" live I die a little inside, knowing they'll never come to Malaysia. Damn Mormons :shifty:

So, looking through the list from where I left off, good God are there a lot of ties. A few are a little surprising (Sabbath and Smashing Pumpkins tying - odd), others make some sense. Glad to see Fleetwood got on the list.

I have every Papa Roach album from Lovehatetragedy on, save for the three disc "career retrospective" because the band flat-out said, "We're not getting shit from that, don't give the label money for out work when we won't be seeing any of it." Admittedly, I haven't listened to the two albums after The Paramour Sessions all that much, but they're decent.

I only have blink-182's Untitled album (which practically every music player insists is self-titled for whatever reason). Decent, and they went really experimental with it. Haven't listened to any of the songs that came about from the reunion, or if I have, I didn't realize that I was.

The Killers are decent, I can't really think of any song of theirs I've heard that I didn't like.

I don't mind Pink, but honestly, (echoing somebody else here), I don't get why magazines insist that every new album she releases, due to there being a three to four year interval between them, signifies that she's back with attitude (sometimes even "new attitude"). It's the same fucking attitude she's always had, you pretentious pricks. Not that I don't like the attitude, but if they were being honest, they should say, "Pink: New Songs, Same Attitude As Ever!" I want to see somebody say somebody totally freaking depressing is back with attitude, and it turns out that that attitude is one of, "Fuck it," instead of, "Oh, I'm such a rebel and a bad ass."

I only have blink-182's Untitled album (which practically every music player insists is self-titled for whatever reason). Decent, and they went really experimental with it. Haven't listened to any of the songs that came about from the reunion, or if I have, I didn't realize that I was.

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink-182_(album)

Because it is. :shifty: I mean, it's generally accepted I think.. I don't see any reason to name the album "Untitled" aside from that random MTV news article before it came out.

Yay, Papa Roach! My favorite band!Still need to pick up the new album then I'll have them all.

Can we please be able to downvote posts again?

Please?

Yeah, Kirkland, what a dick you are for liking a band that other people don't. How dare you?

• Like 6

I checked out the two Miles Davis albums GoGo linked to while studying lines last night. The difference between the 2 that GoGo pointed out is super obvious after listening to maybe 30 seconds of each. I like both, but I'd like to listen again sometime when I'm not simultaneously doing some other specific task.

Yay, Papa Roach! My favorite band!Still need to pick up the new album then I'll have them all.

Can we please be able to downvote posts again?

Please?

Kirklands awesome for how earnest and excited he was about Papa Roach after like half a page trashing them. You suck.

• Like 3