The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

Reading that makes me wonder if Trank is going to get dropped. There's been rumors that he's really hurt his stock with how Fantastic Four went.

Interesting thing I just noticed:

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-083.jpg

It looks like The Sith Lord's lightsaber has been previously cut open and bypassed by a new wire wound around the outside. That might explain why he has the crossguard bit on it if he previously had someone chop into his sabre handle.

Reading that makes me wonder if Trank is going to get dropped. There's been rumors that he's really hurt his stock with how Fantastic Four went.

Post the photos themselves, get more likes.

One of my best friends, and a guy who I bonded with right away in college because of our mutual love of Star Wars, was born on May 4. He got the single best possible birthday and I'm eternally jealous of him.

Oh and here's everything else. I guess there's more if you buy the actual issue.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover?mbid=social_facebook#6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Colin Trevvorow will direct Episode IX

Not at all surprising. He was going to kind of co-direct if Brad Bird was going to do Episode VII, which is how he ended up on Kathleen Kennedy's radar for Jurassic World. And since Jurassic World has made so much money...bit of a no brainer. 

Hopefully he'll use more practical effects than he did in Jurassic World.  They should have locked down Rian Johnson for two of them.

Edited by Maxx

I think that it's not up to Colin to decide how much CGI is used. Seeing how many practical effects JJ Abrams is using makes me think that's just going to be the direction that the Star Wars franchise takes.

• Like 1

Well that's a plus then.  I do hope Trevorrow uses the leverage he'll have after this to start getting his own original ideas made.