The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

I don't think you can, truthfully.

97% on Rotten Tomatoes (highest score of any Star Wars movie on RT) and a 83 at Metacritic so far. 

While I don't think this will be relevant, the prequels were also very well reviewed when they came out. Not as well as the early reviews have been for Force Awakens, but still. I'm less trusting of a Rotten Tomatoes score since people overlook flaws in Star Wars so much, Metacritic is more accurate and I'm glad it's pretty high on there too.

Plus you know there are some some schmucks who need clicks that just wrote bad boiler plate reviews, saw the movie, and inserted names.

I'm tomorrow night at 10:50, by then the first batch of "normies" will have seen it. Exceptionally worried it gets spoiled for me on my walk into the theater.

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

While I don't think this will be relevant, the prequels were also very well reviewed when they came out. Not as well as the early reviews have been for Force Awakens, but still. I'm less trusting of a Rotten Tomatoes score since people overlook flaws in Star Wars so much, Metacritic is more accurate and I'm glad it's pretty high on there too.

Plus you know there are some some schmucks who need clicks that just wrote bad boiler plate reviews, saw the movie, and inserted names.

I'm tomorrow night at 10:50, by then the first batch of "normies" will have seen it. Exceptionally worried it gets spoiled for me on my walk into the theater.

• Like 5

• Admin

Can someone try and clear something up for me? Gonna stick it in spoiler tags just incasey

Spoiler

Kylo Ren aka Ben Solo is Han Solo's son as per The Force Awakens, however on Wikipedia it states that Han Solo's only son is Jacen Solo (Darth Caedus). Is Ben Solo/Kylo Ren an entirely new character then? How does Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus fit into things? In the film Han and Leia are upset that Ben has went to the darkside, but if they've already had a son do it then surely it's not that big of a shock :shifty: 

I'm quite new to Star Wars so this has confused me just a tad. Maybe I'm just missing something.

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

Can someone try and clear something up for me? Gonna stick it in spoiler tags just incasey

Hide contents

Kylo Ren aka Ben Solo is Han Solo's son as per The Force Awakens, however on Wikipedia it states that Han Solo's only son is Jacen Solo (Darth Caedus). Is Ben Solo/Kylo Ren an entirely new character then? How does Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus fit into things? In the film Han and Leia are upset that Ben has went to the darkside, but if they've already had a son do it then surely it's not that big of a shock :shifty: 

I'm quite new to Star Wars so this has confused me just a tad. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Explanation:

Spoiler

After Return of the Jedi, there was a bunch of novels written to create what is called the "Expanded Universe." In the EU, Han and Leia had three kids, twins (Jacen and Jaina, a boy and a girl) and another son, Anakin. When JJ Abrams took over the franchise, he wiped the EU from canon. Kylo Ren being named Ben is a bit of a nod to the EU in that Ben was the name of the first so of Luke Skywalker and his wife in the EU, Mara Jade.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kliq said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Jacen is part of the Expanded Universe. If one of the new movies contradict the EU than the EU is considered non-canon for that plot point... At least that's how it was explained to me...

• Like 1