The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

1 hour ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

I was thinking about it and I would really love an Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan cameo in a Force vision. I just loved how he played the role, especially in Episode III

I'd also enjoy Yoda making a Force ghost appearance at some point. Doesn't need to be much of one, but I think it could be fun.

5 hours ago, damshow said:

Hidden Content

Spoiler

Right now I'm in the "Rey is a Kenobi" camp. It explains her accent and Luke training someone of Obi-Wan's bloodline (not necessarily his granddaughter or whatever because he probably never had kids, mind) would be neat.

• Like 2

With what's goling on, I just hope they don't decide to 

Spoiler

Have Ewan McGregor or Hayden Christiansen show up as Obi-Wan or Anakin's Force ghost and try to talk some sense into Kylo. 

Kylo needs to come to a very bad, hopefully physically painful, end. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2012 at 21:48, I'm A Walker said:

Taking the franchise out of the hands of George Lucas and giving it to someone who genuinely cares about that universe is surely a good thing?

Whether that last part will happen is yet to be seen, I know, but I have faith in Disney. They turned Marvel Studios around with that mentality.

I was one of the positive ones! 

No surprises I loved it! I loved the direction, I loved the sparing use of returning characters, I loved the focus on new characters, I loved the balance of humour to action. I loved everything about it. The one negative I can find is how unoriginal the plot was at a certain point ...

Spoiler

It was essentially just a bigger Death Star that they had to blow up in a very similar way that they do in Episode IV.

At the same time, I still loved some of the little winks to Episode IV, so I can't really say is didn't like it either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoGo YubaRey said:

Going back to the start of the thread and not finding yourself amongst the bad takes (H)

We'll have to check back in 20 years down the line to see if I had a bad take on things.

Also i read some of the plot details that got floated about in the earlier part of the thread as well as other corners of the internet. I refused to read them (or really anything about the movie besides what Disney themselves were promoting) when they came out. But it's pretty crazy how everything was close to what happened yet just off the scent enough.

I think the one plot point they repeated that I really didn't need was

Spoiler

Blowing up the New Republic. Especially because The Resistance basically feels like it exists because they wanted to have the New Republic go boom but give the likes of Leia and Admiral Ackbar (how fucking great is it that he's just there, too? No fanfare, it's just "oh hey there's Ackbar still doing his thing") a good reason to not be in the crossfire.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoGo YubaRey said:

I think the one plot point they repeated that I really didn't need was

Hide contents

Blowing up the New Republic. Especially because The Resistance basically feels like it exists because they wanted to have the New Republic go boom but give the likes of Leia and Admiral Ackbar (how fucking great is it that he's just there, too? No fanfare, it's just "oh hey there's Ackbar still doing his thing") a good reason to not be in the crossfire.

Nien Nunb too!

On 10/30/2012 at 17:24, zero said:

Why wouldn't this be good news? Disney clearly had a plan for Marvel and successfully pulled off the definitive comic book movie by giving the fans exactly what they wanted.

Star Wars has been in a ditch since 97 and though some people take the pissyness about the special editions and the prequels too far, now that the franchise is out of Lucas's hands, we can get the first real new idea for Star Wars on the big screen since Jedi. If you think Disney is going to piss that away, you're insane. I am 100% for this... okay 99% since Disney is still evil, but I don't see how this is guaranteed to suck as so many of you are acting like.

Woohoo! Ever the optimist, I am. 

In more crazy box office news, the movie made another $40 million yesterday ($80 million globally), for the biggest Monday of all-time. Likely to be the fastest film to $300 million sometime today.