The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

And according to the books that are now considered canon, its not the Empire just went away after ROTJ.  They kept fighting, trying to hold onto the sectors they had control of.  It became somewhat of a cold war after awhile.

Yeah any book published prior to the Disney sale is not considered canon but everything being released now is. Already got my tix for opening night. 1 am showing isn't perfect but it will be nice to have the midnight premiere feeling again. 

Edited by livid

On the Han Solo talking about everything as if it's ancient history, I mean, it's really just a fairly tale in space. An old bloke talking about stories in a way that makes them sound magical is pretty much part of the deal. I'm presuming whoever he's telling is cynical in the way he was in A New Hope. 

• Like 1

Isn't there like 30 years in between each Star Wars trilogy? In which case, it's been nearly 60 years since the Jedi were a thing... and even then, they weren't exactly seen by most. I think they've always been a rare sight, it's just our only exposure to them has always been from the perspective of one.

During halftime of monday night football.

Not sure if stunt to sell jocks on Star Wars or stunt to sell nerds on monday night football.

Oh yes...because you become one of the biggest franchises in movie history by selling to nerds

Not sure if stunt to sell jocks on Star Wars or stunt to sell nerds on monday night football.

Oh yes...because you become one of the biggest franchises in movie history by selling to nerds

I ALREADY TOOK CARE OF THE SNIDE REMARK LINT GAWD

I ALREADY TOOK CARE OF THE SNIDE REMARK LINT GAWD

Thats what I get for clicking the last post :(

I got my tickets for Friday night.  Will be getting increasingly hyped as the movie draws closer.

The plot details are totally up in the air.  We could all be reading far too much into Solo's "It's true" line since trailers are known to take dialogue out of context.  And I feel like the Disney marketing machine wanted to put a heavy focus on that line to lead to discussion about it.  But a common thread has been that Luke has basically become a hermit, similar to Obi-Wan or Yoda.  So his name is more a legend as the guy who destroyed the first Death Star.  In fact his overall involvement with the rebellion after that is largely seen through the eyes of the main cast and not the majority of the Rebels.  So, yeah, echoing what everyone else said it's pretty natural for nobody really to know of the story of Luke Skywalker being a Jedi or of the Force actually being a real thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 05/11/2015 16:04:36, Benji said:

Also, any chance someone can change the thread title to just "The Star Wars Thread" or something, please? The Disney news is three years old at this point >_>

Also, there will be no mid nor post-credits scene. So don't be that guy and just let the ushers and cleaners do their job so they can go home.

• Like 1