The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I saw it on Twitter and made me laugh: we've seen multiple people lose hands thanks to lightsaber duels, and lightsaber can't cut through lightsaber, so really, a lightsaber hilt is really the only thing that makes sense about lightsabers.

Nerd lawyered.

• Like 4

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I saw it on Twitter and made me laugh: we've seen multiple people lose hands thanks to lightsaber duels, and lightsaber can't cut through lightsaber, so really, a lightsaber hilt is really the only thing that makes sense about lightsabers.

Nerd lawyered.

This. I love that idea.

Nerd lawyered.

Cortosis guard. Triple nerd lawyered and case shut.

/mic drop.

• Like 1

IT'S A MOVIE WITH COMICAL GAY ANDROIDS AND MUPPETS THAT CAN BRING A SPACESHIP OUT OF A SWAMP USING ONLY THEIR MINDS WHO GIVES A FUCK HOW PRACTICAL THE FAKE SWORD IS?! IT'S A LIGHTSABER WITH A GODDAMN LIGHTSABER FOR A HANDLE!

Seriously though, STAR WARS! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

YO DAWG WE HEARD U LIKED LIGHTSABERS...

Seriously guys, I'm totally happy with this. I give zero fucks of the logic about that lightsaber. A hilt makes a ton of sense but it makes no sense since his hand is heavily at risk. But I suppose thanks to The Force it's all good and he'll never slice off his own hand.

Visually it's 100% there. I love it. That shot of the X-Wings on whatever planet they're on is what sold me.

Also I hope Abrams making the Star Wars film he's always wanted will open up Star Trek 3 to come off like more of an actual Star Trek movie and not bullshit like Into Darkness.

I am cautiously hopeful this will be good. I actually dislike pretty much everything JJ directs because it never is a fun movie experience. I feel like his movies take themselves way too seriously. I feel like a lot of stuff happens in JJ's movies, but none of it is ever joyful or fun. That isn't to say other people can't enjoy his movies, but that seriousness It is the exact opposite reason of why I loved the original Star Wars triology. It was so fun and never took itself overly seriously. The trailer was minimal in detail and complete fan service, so it couldn't really go wrong.

The hilt thing doesn't bother me. Sure, it'd be impractical, but the point is they need something to show us this dude means business.

I'm just curious to see what all goes on here. So much from the expanded universe pretty much never happened now...so it should be interesting.

• 1 month later...