The 2013 Music Thread

Jimmy

Enjoying the new John Grant so far; I'm not overly keen on its more upbeat, electro-y moments, but when it's being brooding while still a little camp, it's great. The rest may yet grow on me. Possibly more consistent than Queen Of Denmark, but with fewer stand-out tracks, I think.

I know it's from 2012, but finally picked up The Bravest Man In The Universe by Bobby Womack, and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Add Mudhoney and Depeche Mode to my ever-growing list of bands I'm pissed off have released music this year. Not listened to either yet, and holding off on buying the DM album until I've heard more of it or seen the reviews, but the track I heard on the radio was pretty solid. I've bought the Mudhoney album, and will listen to it this evening.

• Like 1

I still haven't given Wolf a proper listen all the way through yet, but I wasn't impressed with the two singles, IFHY and Domo23. Liked Bimmer though. Apparently the whole album's streaming on Odd Future's website.