2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

The MLS really needs to NOT fuck up the loan situation for the MLS players on the USLPro sides .... if they do, there is no hope for the USOC. It will be an absolute sham and the few (proud, hardcore, but few) pockets of fans that really care about this tournament will turn their back and it will be all but dead. You may as well fix the match if you allow the parent clubs to recall the players just to avoid playing them. There's plenty to laugh at in regards to this league, but this would be far and away the biggest joke ever if they allow it.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/28/report-david-beckham-traveling-miami-exploratory-talks-potential-expansion-p

Beckham going to Miami for exploratory talks on potential expansion. I really hope nothing gets done there. I have zero faith in that market .... zero. It states that he's not specifically going to Miami for that market, but rather to meet with Claure (involved in the Barca bid a few years ago) ... but Claure wanted the Miami market so hopefully he's not stuck on it. Says he might visit other cities ... SAN ANTONIO SURE IS NICE AND ALREADY HAS PART OF THE STADIUM BUILT MR BECKHAM ! *cough*

Well, if Beckham backs Miami United, at least their players might actually get paid with checks that don't bounce.

Railhawks vs Galaxy scoreless at halftime. Sounders/Rowdies also 0-0

And 2-0 for the Railhawks right after the start of the second half. Rowdies/Sounders still 0-0 at the half

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Four min left at TB, Rowdies are down to 10 after a handball

5 min of stoppage time, still 1-0

Edited by OctoberRavenO

...So does it count as cheering for the Timbers if I'm just wanting them to beat the Rowdies on the 12th? >.>

Asking someone to take a penalty immediately after they've come on the pitch was probably not a good call, but I have no clue who else could have taken it. I guess Ochoa.

Timbers fans are going to be so fucking smug about this even though the situation is completely different.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/30/its-official-chivas-usa-chelis-mutually-agree-parting-ways

It just keeps getting worse for CHVUSA .... Chelis mutually parts ways with the club. Perhaps we will get an MLS club here in San Antonio -_-

Montreal rallies to tie Vancouver and takes the Canadian CCL spot on away goals. Good, they stand a chance.

Fourth Round USOC schedule:

Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew, June 12; Toyota Park

New England Revolution vs. New York Red Bulls, June 12; Harvard University

D.C. United vs. Philadelphia Union, June 12; Maryland SoccerPlex

Sporting Kansas City vs. Orlando City (USL PRO), June 12; Sporting Park

FC Dallas vs. Houston Dynamo, June 12; FC Dallas Stadium

Carolina RailHawks (NASL) vs. Chivas USA, June 12; WakeMed Soccer Park

Real Salt Lake vs. Charleston Battery (USL PRO), June 12; Rio Tinto Stadium

Portland Timbers vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL), June 12; JELD-WEN Field

Chivas going to Carolina could be the only non MLS side with a chance. TB maybe .... I'll reserve the Orlando judgement until it is clear whether or not the fix is in <_< ....

LA really are so lucky for the last couple years that Omar Gonzalez hasn't gotten hurt just before playoffs. Without him (and without Keane, and fuck, without Mike Magee) they'd be done.

They really, really need to consider offering him a DP contract. If he doesn't get one, he needs to move to a bigger league so he can continue to grow.

So the fix is in: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/30/us-open-cup-dom-dwyer-other-loaned-players-wont-play-against-sporting-kansas ... Dwyer and the 3 other SKC loanees won't play for Orlando. Fucking bullshit.

If Orlando wins, it'll be the best thing ever though.

Hell, I'm pulling for them to win the whole thing.

LA really are so lucky for the last couple years that Omar Gonzalez hasn't gotten hurt just before playoffs. Without him (and without Keane, and fuck, without Mike Magee) they'd be done.

They really, really need to consider offering him a DP contract. If he doesn't get one, he needs to move to a bigger league so he can continue to grow.

Tim Ream might have some words of advice on that last part .... but I agree, he does need to be paid.

So the fix is in: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/30/us-open-cup-dom-dwyer-other-loaned-players-wont-play-against-sporting-kansas ... Dwyer and the 3 other SKC loanees won't play for Orlando. Fucking bullshit.

If Orlando wins, it'll be the best thing ever though.

Hell, I'm pulling for them to win the whole thing.

I don't want them to win just because of experience I have with their fans ... and of course the pieces of crap that screwed over Austin to move the team down there. Screw 'em.

FULL DRAW FOR 2013-14 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

Group

Clubs Country
1 Árabe Unido
Houston Dynamo
W Connection
Panama
USA
Trinidad & Tobago
2 Olimpia
Sporting Kansas City
Real Estelí
Honduras
USA
Nicaragua
3 Herediano
Cruz Azul
Valencia FC
Costa Rica
Mexico
Haiti
4 Club América
LD Alajuelense
Sporting San Miguelito
Mexico
Costa Rica
Panama
5 San Jose Earthquakes
Montreal Impact
Guatemala 2 (TBD)
USA
Canada
Guatemala
6 Comunicaciones
Toluca
Caledonia AIA
Guatemala
Mexico
Trinidad & Tobago
7 Club Tijuana
CD Victoria
Luis Ángel Firpo
Mexico
Honduras
El Salvador
8 LA Galaxy
Isidro Metapán
Cartaginés
USA
El Salvador
Costa Rica

LOL SJ ....

Veracruz (just promoted back into Liga MX) is looking at Donovan as an option.

NASL news, but Emirates announced they're going to be sponsoring the Cosmos, and Pele is doing some PR for them too.

The ridiculous red card that Ricardo Salazar issued Obafemi Martins has been overturned. Second Ricardo Salazar-issued red card given that he was right there for to be overturned this season.

Ricardo Salazar is a really bad referee is what I'm getting at here.