2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

Going to see Philly vs. Galaxy in May. Which is a better way to taunt Robbie Keane - throw a potato or bottle of beer?

Tell him he is a good player.

http://www.crocketteers.com/blog/2013/04/01/soccershow/

Nowhere else to put this really ... but uh, my supporter's group is going to be on BeIn Sports ... with a docureality show. FUCK YEAH ! I'm officially member number 18 ... was in on the ground floor and this is fucking amazing.

Ugh, frustrating night for the Sounders. Where Martins available I feel they'd have pulled it out. Plenty of chances and did very well limiting Santos' chances even though they had the possession.

I really hate having to hope LA pulls a rabbit out tonight.

Ok, Portland is starting to click. Even without Valeri they looked fluid last night. I'm really liking the direction they're heading.

Andy Driver is looking really good for Houston too (as is Giles Barnes). He just has a "football understanding" that many defenders don't have. He created a ton of chances yesterday.

With the Lampard circus kicking into high gear (with him moving his wedding and all), this has slipped under the radar:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ricardogeromel/2013/04/16/peter-siemsen-president-of-fluminense-football-club-we-will-buy-a-soccer-team-in-the-usa/ .... President of Fluminense flat out states they want to buy a US soccer club in the second or third tier (NASL/USL). Why ? After the Man City/NY hubub last year and the prices floated around for an MLS expansion franchise, its alluded that it would be too pricey for Fluminense.

Wow.