The MLS/USL/NWSL Thread

Lineker

We had to sub off our starting LB who showed out at AFCON this year and our team MVP in the first thirty minutes. Won 3-0 anyway. What a night. Couldn't be prouder.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sacramento Republic have defeated Sporting Kansas City to reach the US Open Cup final, making them the first non-MLS side to get there in almost fifteen years. Phenomenal. 

• Like 4

Went to the Hartford game last night, where they hosted Birmingham.

I've been to four Hartford games this year so far. (ATL2, DET, at CHS, BHM) They're 0-4. Two of the losses, they gave up the winner in stoppage time.

Last night was also the third game *this month* they gave up a winner in stoppage time. The same thing happened against Pittsburgh last week. Three weeks ago, they lost in stoppage time despite Tampa Bay being down a man.

It's incredibly frustrating to watch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

19,000 people packed in on a Thursday night for an 8pm kickoff (same night as the 76era home opener too) for the Union's playoff win against Cincinnati. Absolutely love seeing us/MLS as a whole pull in these crowds consistently. Really want NYCFC to win against Montreal tomorrow so the Eastern Conference Finals is a rematch of last year after how badly MLS' non updated health & safety protocols fucked us over.

No matter who we play, I don't think we'll be missing 11 players for this year's ECF, including the best GK, best LB, best CB pairing, and captain this time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was absolutely amazing. I was two rows behind the drummers in The River End. That place was rocking all night long, especially during/after the comeback. Staying afterwards to celebrate was so much fun. Even started celebrating and serenading the players' kids when they scored with the DOOP song 🤣

This game meant pretty much everything for us. NaziFC fans are definitely the worst fanbase in MLS (Atlanta fans try to be worse though), and we've had to hear from them for a year about how they beat us in the ECF last year and Philly using the bullshit antiquated non updated COVID rules was an excuse. Well guess what? You play our A team and we win!

Sadly cannot make the trip to LA, but I plan on being back in Chester for a watch party there. LAFC are unbelievably good. It will be such a matchup, but I will always back this team. 

• Like 3

Probably the greatest MLS Cup ever.

But I'm fucking devastated. The few minutes where it looked like we were going to win... Only to fucking bottle it. I was at our stadium for the watch party and man that was a great atmosphere. But when it was over, you could hear the hearts sunk. 

I hate to be that kind of guy after an amazing match and season, but we should've won. We choked. Jim Curtin should have put the extra CB on after the goal and didn't. And it cost us.

I'm so devastated y'all.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...