The 2017 MLS Thread

GoGo Yubari

VAR got used last night in our game against Dallas. Took less than two minutes to correctly spot that the Dallas attacker kicked McCarthy before the goal. I was a fan!

We're becoming one hell of a home team. Since the first win in May against the Red Bulls, I think we're 7-0-1, and only a stoppage time goal by Dallas prevented it from being three straight 3-0 wins. Problem is, we're utter shit on the road. I think we've only won once away from home, and maybe like two draws. If we can keep up this home performance though, I think we can sneak into the playoffs, but a decent road game or two would go along way.

It certainly helps that Sapong has turned into a damn good striker too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the wake of Precourt announcing his desire to move the Crew ... they have promptly flipped him the bird and are in the Eastern Conf finals.  Houston goes through POR to make the Western Conf finals on the heels of the Astros winning the WS in the Hurricane trashed city.

Intriguing storylines ...

I'm genuinely torn on whether it's better that Portland went out or not. They've accomplished basically nothing against us all year and I honestly hate being the higher seed in two-legged playoff series because the "advantage" of playing the second leg at home is an absolute sham, particularly given how bad the Sounders have basically always played in Houston.

But on the other hand it's Portland, and their season being done is always a blessed thing.

Brad Friedel is set to be the new Revs manager. I fucking love him.

I really hope Crew win the whole thing now. They have a great chance too. Hottest team in MLS, and first leg TFC are without both Jozy and Seba.

But hey, at least Philly knows that despite another awful season, Jim Curtin is STILL the man to take us forward. We also didn't re-sign Gooch to a new contract despite being the best surprise story of the year. 

In short, I don't feel bad at all that I cancelled my full season ticket membership. This franchise is a joke.

• Like 2

So yes, Friedel is confirmed as NE's new manager.

LA has cut ties with Homegrown Players:  Jack McBean, Jaime Villereal, Jose Villereal, Raul Mendiola, and Nathan Smith.  McBean and Jose V are the big ones there ... I'd take 'em in SA in a heartbeat.

ORL has decided not to exercise options on Giles Barnes, Nocerino, Hadji Berry, Dillon Powers, Seb Hines, Josh Suanders, and Conor Donovan.

COL is heavily linked with NZ's Anthony Hudson (US born) for their HC job.

David Ousted will not be with VAN any longer

Robbie Rogers has announced his retirement from soccer at 30yrs old

MTL is apparently speaking with Walter Mazzarri and Francesco Guidolin in their coaching search. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...