2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

I'll take the result for Seattle tonight. 1-0 down in Mexico is as good as you can hope for without winning, especially when your GK has to make a handful of damn good saves to keep the other team off the board. Gspurning was man of the match easy and is the sole reason they've got a shot. Traore looked really good too. I think if Villa would have been available for the match he'd have finished a couple of those chances that some of the other TIGRES players couldn't convert. If he plays in the second match Seattle may not be able to overcome. I like their chances though.

LA is up tonight and although they shouldn't have an issue with Herediano this is the type of game they've flubbed before.

I'm distinctly reminded of LA vs TFC last season, at the same stage in the competition. Though it was great to knock LAG out of the NACL, I still feel the need to cheer for them in this campaign. After all, any MLS team at the top of NACL is better than a Mexican team, IMHO.

I'm distinctly reminded of LA vs TFC last season, at the same stage in the competition. Though it was great to knock LAG out of the NACL, I still feel the need to cheer for them in this campaign. After all, any MLS team at the top of NACL is better than a Mexican team, IMHO.

Absolutely 100% correct. This is the ONLY time I'll ever cheer for TFC when playoff implications aren't on the line, same goes for half the MLS were they to make it.

Best situation is for SEA/LA/HOU all to move on.

Oh dear ... horrid call by the linesman. McGee called offside when he was clearly not, about half a body to a full body onside. Denied the goal.

OH WOW .... Penalty to Herediano in the 87th minute. Absolute shit penalty. Straight freaking dive.

HE HIT THE BAR ! Bwhahahahahah douchebag. That's what you get for your bullshit. ...

<p>Yeeeaahhh .... Nielsen isn't going to get me good numbers this week. &nbsp;Although, he got hosed out of a 2nd assist though &lt;_&lt;<br />
<br />
&nbsp;<br />
<br />
DCU !!!! Ha, Dr Lionard Pajoy with the goal ... take that RSL. &nbsp;That result makes me very happy.<br />
<br />
&nbsp;<br />
<br />
Montreal looks good. &nbsp;Two road matches to the West Coast to start the season and two wins. &nbsp;Cascadia Cup Champs !<br />
<br />
&nbsp;<br />
<br />
And Dagio with a golazo:</p>
<br />
<p>http://footytu.be/v3iek</p>

Don't enable HTML might be a thing because that looks like maybe a problem.

I maintain that Montreal are going to start really strong and then fall a bit apart midway through the season. Their team is really skilled and smart but too many core parts are too old.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Obafemi martins to become sounder this afternoon. Confirmed by Levante President. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/#Sounders">#Sounders</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/#rivalryweek">#rivalryweek</a></p>&mdash; Sounders Nation (@SounderNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SounderNation/status/311121406081499136">March 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, hilariously bad melt down by NYRB last night to allow SJ to steal the match 2-1.

I can't even imagine how much NYRB's fanbase must loathe Roy Miller.

And thank god the Martins saga seems to finally be over. Our offense desperately needs a proper strike partner for EJ.

EDIT: Yeah, reports coming in that the fee has been paid. Very exciting day for Sounders fans, and honestly a good one for the league as a whole.

EDIT: Yeah, reports coming in that the fee has been paid. Very exciting day for Sounders fans, and honestly a good one for the league as a whole.

Sounds like Martins himself is paying it to get out .... that's awesome.

And yes, fuck Roy Miller. Holy crap.

In a manner of speaking; apparently what it is is he's giving up the part in his contract where he gets a portion of the release clause in order to finally get it over with. Elsewhere, Joe Roth is probably putting some of that Oz the Great and Powerful money into the purchase.

nbc-mls-rivalry-day.jpg

Should be a great week for the league. Wish the SEA/POR match would be on NBC proper but I'll take NY/DCU (personal reasons) all day long.

TFC look to be finish off a deal to sign Maximiliano Urruti of Newell's Old Boys. Onstand is in Argentina right now and Kevin Payne tweeted that there may be a player signing announcement soon. He's the guy they've been after. He's young and has shown tons of promise. He scored 6 in 19 matches (Argentina has a split season) in 2011/2012 but the return of both Maxi Rodriguez and Ignacio Scocco kicked his run as a starter right in the mouth. He's still the preferred 3rd man up top though and is only 22.