2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

I may be a little biased, but that TFC shirt is tremendous. Now all we need is a team to wear it. <_<

Also, that Colorado shirt is terrible. I understand that it's the state flag and all, but even as a third kit, that's awful. I can only hope they won't wear it any matches against TFC. That way, I'll never have to see it in action.

Edited by Sweet Holy Moses

If Martins goes to the MLS, It's a huge step foward for the league. Signing a guy that has been in form for a club that plays in one of the top leagues in Europe, and is also playing well in the Europa League? That's amazing, since I think some bigger European clubs might come knocking for him.

Talk is it'd be around a $4 million dollar transfer fee, too. Second largest transfer fee behind Robbie Keane.

Elsewhere, Chris Wondolowski has signed a new contract with San Jose that makes him a DP, earning twice what he previously made, three years guaranteed salary with an option for a fourth. Quite deserved. Deserves more than 600K a year, really, but he seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't drive the price up too high.

• Like 1

Talk is it'd be around a $4 million dollar transfer fee, too. Second largest transfer fee behind Robbie Keane.

Elsewhere, Chris Wondolowski has signed a new contract with San Jose that makes him a DP, earning twice what he previously made, three years guaranteed salary with an option for a fourth. Quite deserved. Deserves more than 600K a year, really, but he seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't drive the price up too high.

Eh, I think that's a product of the fact he's proven to be and evolved into a fantastic MLS player but isn't and won't be more than that. Outside of literally, two bright spots, he's been horrid at the USMNT level and he's certainly not going to go anywhere else and be the person/player he is in SJ. I think it's a fair evaluation by both the club, and Wondo to come to this deal. He certainly deserves it.

DCU signs midfielder Marcos Sanchez on loan from Tauro (Panama) ... he's looked really good in CONCACAF matches (Mexico included).

Yet more. It's rumored that Martins' contract would be 2.5 million per season, with possible incentives that could bump it up another million.

Also, some connect-the-dots speculation that Tiffert could end up going to Toronto with Frings having retired.

Well, Bimbo is the kit sponsor for Philly and their USA National Headquarters resides in Philly. They're also the kit sponsor for Chivas (the real one) and Monterrey as well as Saprissa. Being in that company is good for the league and Philly in the footballing world. Bimbo is also a sponsor for the MLS as well, not just Philly. They're a huge company and own some brands that people know. It's actually a good deal.

More official kit releases and holy shit do I love SKC's:

3_m-c_front.jpg

76274.jpg

76493.jpg

46680.jpg

46676.jpg

46583.jpg

Allow me to clarify: I understand the footie significance of Bimbo. It's just an unfortunate word to have plastered across your chest.

Second, holy cats that SKC kit is great. With them, Seattle, Philly, TFC, Vancouver and even Galaxy, the shirts in MLS are really starting to gain in quality. Too bad that Montréal's new/old shirt is so generic. I get the history of the blue and black, but meh.

Montreal's doesn't bother me because of the history of the club. Is it meh ? Sure, but I give a pass on teams that are recognizing their own tradition. It's especially more important here in the US due to the very unique history of the sport and the clubs as opposed to pretty much every other footballing country in the world.

Park Ji-Sung being linked with TFC .... TFC has also brought in Robert Earnshaw on trial.