2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

I'm glad that Seattle/Portland is getting John Strong on commentary because I will be at the game so I don't have to listen to him being a homer for Portland. Hopefully Arlo White is on the away games so I can instead listen to him be a homer for Seattle!

Though I'm hoping to make it to Portland away this year, and I'm making plans to go down to the San Francisco area with my aunt around the time of Seattle/San Jose away too. Always admired the traveling support we have.

Don't blame it on the Biscan, Don't blame it on the Hamann, Don't blame it on the Finnan, Blame it on Traore, He just can't, he just can't

He just can't control his feet.

TONIGHT HE COULD

Fucking amazing night. I can't even believe it. I don't give a fuck that it was Tigres' b-team (if anything, it meant they were fresher and possibly even wanted to impress more than the a-team, who sucked last week), and I don't give a fuck that it was that red card that really changed the game. So much heart from this team, and such amazing goals from two incredibly unlikely sources in Traore and 19-year old DeAndre Yedlin (MLS Rookie of the Year 2013, bitches). SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTLE

Don't blame it on the Biscan, Don't blame it on the Hamann, Don't blame it on the Finnan, Blame it on Traore, He just can't, he just can't

TONIGHT HE COULD

Fucking amazing night. I can't even believe it. I don't give a fuck that it was Tigres' b-team (if anything, it meant they were fresher and possibly even wanted to impress more than the a-team, who sucked last week), and I don't give a fuck that it was that red card that really changed the game. So much heart from this team, and such amazing goals from two incredibly unlikely sources in Traore and 19-year old DeAndre Yedlin (MLS Rookie of the Year 2013, bitches). SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTLE

My mate sent me the link to that goal and I had to watch it a few times to believe that Djimi Traore could produce anything of that quality. Such a great goal, I had to chuckle though cause it sounded like even the commentator was shocked that it was Traore scoring that :P

HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

Two freaking golazos ! Getting put in a hole needing 3 to win and then coming back in the 2nd half and getting all 3 ? FUCK YEAH !

That was such a fantastic (and historic I might add) win last night. I recorded that shit so I can watch it again. The wife watched it with me and was every bit as into it as I was so it was pretty sweet all the way around.

That B-Team included about 4-5 guys that would be starting or pushing starts for about half of Liga MX if not everyone but the top 3-4 clubs. There's a reason TIGRES is leading Liga MX right now. I mean hell, their B-Team featured Jonathan Bornstein for crying out loud. Pulido is their leading scorer in the competition and Hernandez (the guy that got the goal) features heavily for them. Their first choice squad ? Not at all, but a damn good squad though.

However, they had no answer for the Grown Ass Man ! I loved seeing Eddie get the clinching goal ... and uh, when the blue shit did he get a left foot ? That was a great goal.

Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome ..... now come on LA/HOU !!!!!!

More awesomeness for this weekend: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/12/how-big-montreal-vs-toronto-new-supporters-record-will-be-set-saturday .... TFC is getting one thing right, or at least their fans are. 4200 set to travel to Montreal, an MLS record for away support.

Just curios for you Englanders. What's a normal away section at an EPL/Championship match that isn't right up the road (like the London clubs) ?

More awesomeness for this weekend: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/03/12/how-big-montreal-vs-toronto-new-supporters-record-will-be-set-saturday .... TFC is getting one thing right, or at least their fans are. 4200 set to travel to Montreal, an MLS record for away support.

Just curios for you Englanders. What's a normal away section at an EPL/Championship match that isn't right up the road (like the London clubs) ?

At Anfield the away section is normally about 2000 for league games but if its a FA Cup or League Cup game then it can be anywhere up to 6000 depending on the allocation.

• Like 1

TONIGHT HE COULD

My mate sent me the link to that goal and I had to watch it a few times to believe that Djimi Traore could produce anything of that quality. Such a great goal, I had to chuckle though cause it sounded like even the commentator was shocked that it was Traore scoring that :P

Haha, yeah, we were all shocked. Particularly since it came very shortly after this;

Two long-distance goals from two defenders. Ridiculous.

Wow. Roy Miller's response to why he encroached: "Did it on purpose w/ thought that he would score & ref would have to call it back."

Roy Miller is the dumbest player in MLS.

I remember about 2/3 years ago, when the mexican teams thumped american ones in the NACL, and now seeing a good number of teams going far and causing trouble to the mexicans. It's impressive how the MLS has grown during that time.

I will legit root for Santos over LA if Santos makes the final and LA makes the final. MLS pride ends at LA Galaxy for me.

I can't do that yet. 10, 20 years from now I sincerely hope that the league is in a position where it doesn't matter. Right now, it does. The league needs it. If that means rooting for LA, I'll do it. He'll, I'll root for TFC/CHVUSA at this point.

This was snapped from the SKC page at MLSGear earlier. It is no longer up though:

JgAgwX3.jpg

That would be freaking glorious.

Obafemi Martins is, finally, officially a Sounder.

He will be available to be in the starting 18 tomorrow, though I think that's just Sigi saying that for the sake of mind games.