The New Kit Thread

That Wolves shirt would be a lovely kit for someone like Barnet or Cambridge, you know, a team that actually plays in orange.

I love traditional away colours and that Southampton one is perfect! Teams should go nuts with the 3rd but the away should have a bit of consistency.

That would look beautiful on Claus Lundekvam!

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

That Wolves shirt would be a lovely kit for someone like Barnet or Cambridge, you know, a team that actually plays in orange.

It might just be the lighting. Barnet and Cambridge play in amber anyway, think Blackpool are the only side who play in orange in the league 😋.

I don't mind the logo but that's probably just Stockholm Syndrome talking. The sponsor has been pretty roundly criticised ever since it was first announced, mostly for being a betting company, but isn't helped by the fact that it clashes so much.

Did kits in 90s/Early 2000s just all have primarily white sponsor logos or is it just nostalgia thinking kits were better back then?

These garish betting company logos seem to be everywhere now and ruin some pretty cool shirts. It's not a coincidence that these World Cup kits look amazing and also have no sponsor. Even Roma and Barcelona both have sponsors now!

• Like 1

Yeah, sponsor logos were just simpler back then so they're weren't as visually intrusive. Even when logos became less just words and actual graphics, you had things like the Newcastle Brown Ale logo lettering being the same colour maroon as the away shirt, so it actually looked like part of the shirt, rather than someone designed the shirt and then someone slapped a logo over it. I reckon with that Norwich shirt, if the logo incorporated green and yellow, it would look far better.

The sponsors were "better" too, either something local and relevant or at very least something that was there longer than two seasons so it became part of the shirt a bit. Outside of the big clubs everyone rotates to a different unknown online bookies every season now. And they all have shit names and logos. 

• Like 1

Celtic did a really good job I thought a few years back, the sponsor (Tennents Lager, because obvs) was shrunk right down and placed just beneath the club badge, looked much smarter for it.

41CZ0-RcQRL.jpg

2 hours ago, Spainanite said:

Celtic did a really good job I thought a few years back, the sponsor (Tennents Lager, because obvs) was shrunk right down and placed just beneath the club badge, looked much smarter for it.

41CZ0-RcQRL.jpg

Does this mean you love them more than Arsenal now?