Characters you hate (that you aren't supposed to)

Benji

Rick, Lori, Hershel and Andrea from The Walking Dead.

Amy from Enlightened. She's an awful character... It fits very well with the show, but she is truely awful character that I hate seeing succeed.

Dexter is pissing me off and I really want him todie at the end. Anythingelse will def upset me.

Angel from Buffy..... Blah. And Dawn from Buffy is insufferable.

Skylar from Breaking Bad.

Frank from Shameless... Dont even know if that counts, but i hate him so much. I think the show would be interesting without him, as an evolution. That also goes for Jody and Mandy, hate them both and want them gone.

In the UK Shameless, the Maguires need to go. i miss Kev and V and the rest of them!

There have always been characters in some of my favorite TV shows that I just don't enjoy at all.

E - Entourage

Carla - Scrubs

Lilly - How I Met Your Mother

Donna - That 70's Show

Bill & Tara - True Blood

Whaaaat? Carla? Donna? I don't know the others? What the fuck man, what the fuck. Carla and Donna are lovely!

Donna was just the best thing about That 70's Show. Without her it's just a lot of random jokes, she made things happen!

There have always been characters in some of my favorite TV shows that I just don't enjoy at all.

E - Entourage

Carla - Scrubs

Donna - That 70's Show

Bill & Tara - True Blood

E was the best. Screw you

Ross is the Friend for physical comedy. Despite his prominence as a story character, it's his slapstick stuff that gets me - from big stuff like the leather pants, to fumbling when opening his umbrella, he doesn't make me laugh out loud like some of the characters, but he probably gets the most consistent chuckles outside of Chandler.

Ross is the Friend for physical comedy. Despite his prominence as a story character, it's his slapstick stuff that gets me - from big stuff like the leather pants, to fumbling when opening his umbrella, he doesn't make me laugh out loud like some of the characters, but he probably gets the most consistent chuckles outside of Chandler.

Like I've been quoted as saying earlier in the thread, Friends works best if you watch it as Ross Geller's descent into madness.

Friends, for me, is almost a perfect example of how to ruin a sitcom. I'm not a huge fan, but the first few seasons had some genuinely great comedy moments, and even the later seasons have scenes that I'll quote. The problem towards the end is that it just completely assumes knowledge, and gets too self-referential.

For the last couple of seasons, Chandler isn't sarcastic. Instead, you get jokes about Chandler being sarcastic. Jokes about Monica being a neat-freak. Joey goes from the classic simpleton actor, who never needed to be intelligent because he got by on his looks, into a complete blithering manchild - despite the fact that he gets one of his only serious story arcs during that period, straight afterwards he just reverts to JOEY LIKE FOOD JOEY LIKE SEX. In fact, Joey's obsession with sex coupled with him being effectively written as a child is just unsettling.

Ross is the only character with any real development by the end. He just becomes so desperately lonely, and obsessed with fitting in anywhere. When you get to the point where Ross is putting on silly voices to try and impress his students, hanging out with cardboard cut-outs of his friends, and calling himself the "Divorce Force", it's just brilliant.

On the Friends front, I really don't like Rachel. Never did at all.

• Like 2

Rick, Lori, Hershel and Andrea from The Walking Dead.

Amy from Enlightened. She's an awful character... It fits very well with the show, but she is truely awful character that I hate seeing succeed.

Dexter is pissing me off and I really want him todie at the end. Anythingelse will def upset me.

Angel from Buffy..... Blah. And Dawn from Buffy is insufferable.

Skylar from Breaking Bad.

Frank from Shameless... Dont even know if that counts, but i hate him so much. I think the show would be interesting without him, as an evolution. That also goes for Jody and Mandy, hate them both and want them gone.

In the UK Shameless, the Maguires need to go. i miss Kev and V and the rest of them!

Angel is great. :angry:

Like I've been quoted as saying earlier in the thread, Friends works best if you watch it as Ross Geller's descent into madness.

Friends, for me, is almost a perfect example of how to ruin a sitcom. I'm not a huge fan, but the first few seasons had some genuinely great comedy moments, and even the later seasons have scenes that I'll quote. The problem towards the end is that it just completely assumes knowledge, and gets too self-referential.

For the last couple of seasons, Chandler isn't sarcastic. Instead, you get jokes about Chandler being sarcastic. Jokes about Monica being a neat-freak. Joey goes from the classic simpleton actor, who never needed to be intelligent because he got by on his looks, into a complete blithering manchild - despite the fact that he gets one of his only serious story arcs during that period, straight afterwards he just reverts to JOEY LIKE FOOD JOEY LIKE SEX. In fact, Joey's obsession with sex coupled with him being effectively written as a child is just unsettling.

Ross is the only character with any real development by the end. He just becomes so desperately lonely, and obsessed with fitting in anywhere. When you get to the point where Ross is putting on silly voices to try and impress his students, hanging out with cardboard cut-outs of his friends, and calling himself the "Divorce Force", it's just brilliant.

But I'd argue that's what real friends do. I know I take the piss out of my mates for stuff like that. If one of my friends is cynical, we'll start to make jokes about him being cynical instead of just laughing when he is cynical. I can understand if you didn't find it funny or whatever, but I think it's pretty accurate of how real friendships are.

Clark from the first few seasons of Smallville. Just so many times I wanted to punch Superman in the face. Insufferable twat. Lana was bad as well, but dear lord, Clark was just that much worse.

But I'd argue that's what real friends do. I know I take the piss out of my mates for stuff like that. If one of my friends is cynical, we'll start to make jokes about him being cynical instead of just laughing when he is cynical. I can understand if you didn't find it funny or whatever, but I think it's pretty accurate of how real friendships are.

Yeah, but "it's how real life is" isn't a good defence when the dialogue in Friends was as hokey sitcom "there's a joke coming!" as you can get. Nobody in real life speaks like the characters in Friends.

Pretty much the entire crew on Star Trek Voyager. If that ship came to a sudden stop, all their heads would go up Janeway's ass.

Yeah, but Voyager is shit all around, so it's kind of futile just to list that.

Pretty much the entire crew on Star Trek Voyager. If that ship came to a sudden stop, all their heads would go up Janeway's ass.

this x 100000000000000000

DS9 ftw

I hate you all. :angry:

The chemistry between Robert Duncan McNeill and Garrett Wang was glorious. :wub:

E - Entourage

Carla - Scrubs

Donna - That 70's Show

Bill & Tara - True Blood

Now you, you really suck :/

On the Phoebe front, I really didn't like her. She was always an annoying character, but then she actually turned into a terrible person. One episode she found a cat and refused to give it back to its owner because she thought it was her mum. Her reaction to Ross telling her to do the right thing was to just remind him that her mum had died and his didn't, which is acceptable justification for stealing someones cat I guess. Horrible.

I like JD though, I do think his positives outweight his negatives. Elliot on the other hand was pretty bad.

• Like 1

I generally dislike any character who does the whole "socially inept but ridiculously good at their job" thing. Exceptions only apply to Sherlock Holmes himself, and characters with clear and non-subtle applications of Holmes characteristics and associates (see House).

Peggy Hill in King Of The Hill. I hate her soooooo much!

This. I recently started watching King Of The Hill again, I never really appreciated it as much as I should have growing up as it was placed between Simpsons and Simpsons so I felt like I had to suffer through it. However Peggy is still a character that I can never and will never appreciate. An all around shitty, shitty person who fucks things up for other people or her family and then never, ever, ever gets any comeuppance for it.

Angel is great. :angry:

Angel doesn't come into his own until he gets his own series, which is too late for most people, as they've already passed judgment via Buffy. Angel is phenomenal after that.

This. Heisgreat in Angel, but on Buffy.... Ugh.... Only time I found him interesting was S2 when he went bad.

Angel wasn't all that interesting in the first Season, but between hamming it up as Angelus in the second and them playing around with him a little more in the third to add some comedy, I always liked him. You're right though, he doesn't shine until his own show, where we get some amazing moments of Angel being socially awkward. Pairing him up with Cordelia and Wesley of all people was the perfect way to do that show.

...Man, I can't think of the first season of Angel without thinking about Doyle. :(