Characters you hate (that you aren't supposed to)

Benji

I don't get the phoebe hate, she's consistently the funniest of the three females and she's probably the least prominent of the 6 so she's tiresome. Ross on the other hand is awful, rarely funny and when he is its usually at his expense. Plus he's always wrong about everything and so close minded

I don't think I've ever once laughed at anything Phoebe did. Friends isn't exactly known for it's subtle humor, but Phoebe's material is all the most obvious and obnoxious ISN'T SHE WEIRD, ISN'T THAT FUNNY!? shit I've ever seen.

Ross, on the other hand, is wonderful. I think it was Skummy who summarized it best as the entire show being his slow descent into madness. Plus his facial expressions are hilarious.

This is so, so true. Ross really comes into his own in the final few seasons and is just hilarious. Joey does become overly dumb which always massively annoyed me because in the first half of the show's run he was shown to be a bit dense, lacking common sense but not an outright fool. Later on they just decided to make him borderline retarded. Ross was brilliant as that show got older.

And yeah, no one in BBT looks anything like George Harrison :/

A big yes to JD in Scrubs. Whiny punk, thinking he's too smart and too good for all the more experienced staff and making jerkish decisions all the time too.

I grew to dislike Vince in Mighty Boosh as each series went past. Series 1 he was great along with Howard. Series 2 he was still good but getting less so. Series 3 he was just annoying, doing stuff like eating Howard's record and so on. It's weird because if I go back and watch through series 1 (definitely the best of the series) then I like him all over again.

Also Zoidberg in Futurama annoys me. Always has done.

With Vince in Mighty Boosh, I think it's really a question of the character changing. In the first series, and to a lesser extent the second, he was still definitely Howard's friend. They were different, and didn't always see eye-to-eye, but they were friends. In the second series, Vince was a little more embarrassed to be seen with him, and by the third series, Vince was just a tosser.

With Vince in Mighty Boosh, I think it's really a question of the character changing. In the first series, and to a lesser extent the second, he was still definitely Howard's friend. They were different, and didn't always see eye-to-eye, but they were friends. In the second series, Vince was a little more embarrassed to be seen with him, and by the third series, Vince was just a tosser.

Thinking about it, I've got to agree. Vince was just a total cunt by series 3, as much as I did enjoy it. I couldn't really get into series 1 of the show though, I've watched all the episodes from the series, but didn't enjoy too much and didn't particularly care of the characters, series 2, I think, was the best series for pretty much all the characters. I kind of dislike Naboo, I still enjoyed the character, but something just didn't really click with me, I felt.

And yeah, no one in BBT looks anything like George Harrison :/

Okay, after a bit of googling.. I was wrong. oops, dunno what I did there. ah well. yeah I really dislike everyone on Big Bang Theory, I guess it's just not my type of show, really..

Also, I feel for Hangover Part 2, I hated Alan.. I enjoyed him in the first part, but he just enfuriated me in the second, his stupidity just seemed really dumbed down and over the top and ..old? Oh, and Doug. He's a bit of a wanker.

And if you replace the characters with the actors who played them, it's still true.

• Like 1

Whoever it was who nominated Lily from HIMYM is bang on. She's often hypocritical, frequently smug, an absolute cunt to Marshall at times and above all, just not really funny. Which is generally what I look for in a comedy.

There are times Sheldon seriously fucks me off as well. I forget the season, but the tipping point was when he threatened to break Leonard and Priya up because I believe Leonard wasn't giving in to yet another poxy demand of Sheldon's. I don't care if Leonard owes Sheldon money or if he's under a curse that means he'd die if they're ever more than a mile apart, Sheldon is utterly insufferable as a roommate and often a pretty fucking awful friend.

• Like 1

Whoever it was who nominated Lily from HIMYM is bang on. She's often hypocritical, frequently smug, an absolute cunt to Marshall at times and above all, just not really funny. Which is generally what I look for in a comedy.

She does have a great rack though...

There have always been characters in some of my favorite TV shows that I just don't enjoy at all.

E - Entourage

Carla - Scrubs

Lilly - How I Met Your Mother

Donna - That 70's Show

Bill & Tara - True Blood

Whaaaat? Carla? Donna? I don't know the others? What the fuck man, what the fuck. Carla and Donna are lovely!

• Like 3