Characters you hate (that you aren't supposed to)

Benji

Pretty much the entire crew on Star Trek Voyager. If that ship came to a sudden stop, all their heads would go up Janeway's ass.

this x 100000000000000000

DS9 ftw

I didn't hate Jack, but I totally did not care where he got any of his 50 tattoos.

I'll echo the Dana Brody hate and also add that Chris Brody was probably even more annoying. "LOOK AT ALL THESE FACEBOOK FRIENDS I HAVE!" "HEY DAD, MIKE'S HERE WATCHING THE WIZARDS GAME WITH ME!" "WILL ANYONE PLAY HEARTS WITH ME???" Fuck off kid.

• Like 1

Starbuck from the new BSG always got on my nerves. Got into her more on my attempts at rewatching but still far from my favorite character. Apollo and Helo suck, too, but they're more pathetic and wimpy than actively irritating.

• Like 1

Diane Chambers from Cheers. Good Lord she was utterly insufferable. What Sam ever saw in her I can't fathom.

YES! I honestly have only seen bits and pieces of the first six seasons of Cheers because I just couldn't stand her character. Strangely though, I didn't mind Shelley Long in other things.

Agree with what everyone said already about Ted Mosby. He's whiny, arrogant and has a ridiculously high opinion of himself with all these faults he keeps finding in women. I'm finding myself wanting to watch HIMYM less now that it's towards the end becuase his inevitable and completely undeserved happy ending is coming up.

I've only started watching The Big Bang Theory but both Penny and Leonard are already characters I don't like. Leonard is is annoying without the loveable socially awkward traits Sheldon, Howard and Raj have, he's just moany. I don't see any redeemable features in Penny either.

I also disliked Matt Saracen and Jason Street in Friday Night Lights for some reason, they just grated on me over time with their sympathetic schtick.

Speaking of other sitcoms with annoying protagonists, JD from Scurbs was a complete asshole.

Anyobody who dislikes Marshall from HIMYM has no soul. He's basically the only character whose negative traits don't outweigh his positive ones.

• Like 2

Phoebe from "Friends" - I know she's supposed to be a little dim-whitted, but we have Joey for that. I really really really can't stand Phoebe, and I wish they had replaced her with another character. I'd even settle for Janice or Gunther as the 6th person... Just not Phoebe.

xnWluQK.jpg?1?2676

this arsehole

Can definitely add these two to my "if I knew them in real life I'd hate them" pile with Ted + Marshall from HIMYM. I nearly said J.D. earlier, as he is clearly an arrogant prick for no good reason for most of the entire history of Scrubs. And he always makes daft, dickish decisions. At the same time though I do always find myself routing for him though and he does have redeemable features.

As for Phoebe, she is far and away the least likeable person on Friends. I do prefer Janice, but it is a bit of a mad notion to suggest either her of Gunther could fill Phoebe's shoes. Phoebe wasn't portrayed as being dimwitted more that she was just shown to me this offbeat, quirky person. I assume that's what they were going for anyway...but yes, she more often than not just annoyed me by being ridiculous.

Regarding HIMYM, I'm on Gazz's side for Marshall and can see why Ted can grate some people (though I'm fairly neutral towards him, understand his role etc), but I really despise Lily. She just seems to adopt a bit of a hypocritical holier-than-thou attitude a little too often that really gets on my nerves.

Edited by mtforbes

I don't get the phoebe hate, she's consistently the funniest of the three females and she's probably the least prominent of the 6 so she's tiresome. Ross on the other hand is awful, rarely funny and when he is its usually at his expense. Plus he's always wrong about everything and so close minded

• Like 1

I don't get the phoebe hate, she's consistently the funniest of the three females and she's probably the least prominent of the 6 so she's tiresome. Ross on the other hand is awful, rarely funny and when he is its usually at his expense. Plus he's always wrong about everything and so close minded

Seriously. Why didn't he, being the largest friend, just simply eat the other 5?

• Like 4

I don't think I've ever once laughed at anything Phoebe did. Friends isn't exactly known for it's subtle humor, but Phoebe's material is all the most obvious and obnoxious ISN'T SHE WEIRD, ISN'T THAT FUNNY!? shit I've ever seen.

Ross, on the other hand, is wonderful. I think it was Skummy who summarized it best as the entire show being his slow descent into madness. Plus his facial expressions are hilarious.

The whole entire cast of Big Bang Theory, apart from the one that looks like young George Harrison (he probably doesn't even.), I'm giving him extra points just because Beatles.

The whole entire cast of Big Bang Theory, apart from the one that looks like young George Harrison (he probably doesn't even.), I'm giving him extra points just because Beatles.

I haven't even the slightest idea who you're talking about. That's how off you are.

• Like 2

Ross basically single-handedly carries the last 4 seasons of Friends. Past Season 5 or so Phoebe does my head in, Joey becomes even more of a caricature of himself and Chandler and Monica are alright but worse together than they were apart. About the only other person I'm not bored of by the end is Rachel. That said I think everybody is fantastic in the first few seasons.