Star Trek TV

Your Mom

I too wish that they had

had the balls to let picard die. that would have been such a baller move. Do you guys remember that movie Beer Fest, where the lead character died, but then his twin brother showed up, and demanded that everyone call him by his brothers name as a mark of respect, and never mentioned his death again...

still, i really liked the season. i think, like discovery, it will be better watched in big chunks. but i loved it, and i loved the closure with data. let's hope they can resist bringing him back in season two.

16 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

That last episode had a lot going for it.

Nothing good though

Eh. I've been really critical of new Star Trek, it definitely has it flaws, but if you honestly tell me you sat there and listened to "Blue Skies" and didn't feel your eyes water, you're a goddamned monster.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 06:26, SeanDMan said:

Eh. I've been really critical of new Star Trek, it definitely has it flaws, but if you honestly tell me you sat there and listened to "Blue Skies" and didn't feel your eyes water, you're a goddamned monster.

Its biggest flaw was it was basically the plot of the Mass Effect games

Yeah, it wasn't a very good plot, very original, or executed very well. But it wasn't entirely hollow with unsatisfying conclusions, like Disco 2.

• 1 month later...

It's interesting to learn how different Patrick Stewart sees Jean-Luc Picard from how the TNG writers saw him. It's so strange to have him go from essentially a morality professor to being Ash from Evil Dead in the films/new show. 

That narrative disconnect has been in place since First Contact but it's more obvious now, after the writers were talking about how we were gonna an emotional character story and really all we got was more splosions and fist fighties and strong, independent womenz who don't need no acting skills.

Oh well, at least it should get credit for the hiring spree they went on in Ireland. BrexTHAT.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Recently discovered that Alexander Siddig has been doing weekly live streams with fans and the odd DS9 person, just chatting with people and hanging out for a couple of hours.

Watched a couple of whats on YouTube and they're just kinda adorable. He seems so genuinely interested in all these random people and gets really excited to learn what they do and what their hobbies are.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 14:15, Hobo said:

Recently discovered that Alexander Siddig has been doing weekly live streams with fans and the odd DS9 person, just chatting with people and hanging out for a couple of hours.

Watched a couple of whats on YouTube and they're just kinda adorable. He seems so genuinely interested in all these random people and gets really excited to learn what they do and what their hobbies are.

Oooooh this actually sounds really interesting and pleasant.

One of the few downsides of the entire world shutting down, getting that kind of casual chat access to interesting and pleasant people.

On 15/06/2020 at 01:50, SeanDMan said:

One of the few downsides of the entire world shutting down, getting that kind of casual chat access to interesting and pleasant people.

You mean upsides. Upsides are good, downsides bad.

• 1 month later...

The first episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks is now out. I really enjoyed it - it was really silly, but you could tell that the people making it grew up on TNG. All the little details like the sound effects, the LCARS displays, the font used for the episode title. I actually wish it was longer and slower, but otherwise found it to be very entertaining. 

• 2 months later...

The last episode of Lower Decks was last night and...

Spoiler

...it was awesome! The final two episodes were great, and this final one is definitely the strongest of the season. Plus we got the USS Titan, with Riker and Troi! 

See the source image

Disco season 3 starts next week, and I'm interested in seeing where it goes.