"Xbox One" Reveal Event

Dan

It's not really an HDMI port, it's just going to detect you've plugged your Sky box into it and then send a bolt of electricity down the cable. You'll come in one day to the sight of smoke and the Xbox will be all 'Oh, yeah, the Sky box is busted now. Damnedest thing really. Did we mention we have all that content though?'

• Like 4

It's got HDMI input, looks like we will be able to plug our Sky boxes into it afterall :)

If it'll work through it is another thing entirely. I use talktalk youview. So I want to know if that'll work through it or not.

Major Nelson streaming now (going into more depth):

http://www.twitch.tv/xbox" class="" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from xboxlivearcade on www.twitch.tv

I can't be the only one to find this a letdown.

...and I wasn't even excited for the announcement.

It was exactly what I was expecting to happen, lots of fluff and smoke but not a lot of actual stuff you can do something with.

Every trailer is CGI'd up to 11 and actual gamefootage from the new Xbox isn't there. It's the usual hypetrain and it's going to take a while before we actually get treated to proper footage.

1,000 is nice, even if I probably wouldn't really use it. I'm pushing 100 now but that's only because I have hoarder tendencies and don't want to remove defunct accounts like AD, Stoker or TCO.

There was a piece on Gametrailers talking about possible things that the new Xbox could implement and someone talked about tweaking the friends list to be slightly editable so you can better identify people and/or individual games friends lists. Like, I've never played Xbox with people like Larz or KDawg outside of FIFA so having them on my friends list isn't really necessary but having them there is helpful for arranging our party for when we play. So, if they only showed up if I was actually playing FIFA, that'd be neat and help streamline a bloated friends list.