WWE 2K14

apsham

I'm not overly excited about this - the roster looks pretty cool, and the DLC is awesome, but it just looks like the same game as last year. If anything, graphically, it looks worse.

But my girlfriend's pre-ordered it, so I'll get it. When I'll have chance to play it, I have no idea, as she's got Arkham Origins and Black Flag to keep her busy, and probably more besides.

I'll probably play it to death, if only because I can enjoy even the worst wrestling games for a reasonable amount of time.

Season Pass is now up, and I phoned the store to get my pre-order code.

Community Creations already starting to fill up with wrestlers, including a pretty decent Piper for those who don't want to do the work. (Me.)

This roster is solid. Just did a 16-man Gold Rush tournament for the AWA Championship, and Goldberg defeated Hogan, Eddie, Austin and then HBK in the final to win it all. Awesome.

I've preordered this, went with the thinking of I did have fun with WWE 2K13 especially with the Attitude Era mode, its the type of game in which I can just keep going back to and piss about on for a bit which is what happened with 2K13 play it for a while then stop playing for a couple of weeks then just keep going back to it.

I saw that too.. I was thinking maybe there's some sort of contractual issue? Do WWE own the rights to their names, and maybe couldn't get them for whatever reason? Even that seems weird though, seeing as Sid was on WWE TV last year beating up Heath Slater, you'd think they'd include his name in the video game at the very least.

Edited by PatDaMan

Pretty sure Sid is working on his own game (Sid 14) for a competing developer... so far the roster is:

Sid

Sycho Sid

Sid Vicious

Sid Justice
Lord Humongous
Vicious Warrior

With Dan Spivey as the only DLC.

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 1

Don't forget Psycho Sid, with the "P."

Also, spoilered for length, here are all of the attires available with the roster:

AJ Lee (One attire)

Base - Black shirt with skulls; no entrance attire

Aksana (One attire)
Base - All black; no entrance attire

Alberto Del Rio (Two attires)
Base - White trunks with green and red designs; white scarf with gold designs
WM27 - Gold trunks with gold designs; white scarf with gold designs

Andre the Giant (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania) - Blue trunks and blue boots; no entrance attire
Wrestlemania 3/4 - Black singlet; no entrance attire

Antonio Cesaro (One attire)

Base - White trunks with blue and red designs; red jacket

Batista (Two attires)

Base (Wrestlemania 23) - Black trunks with blue "The Animal" designs; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 26 - Black trunks with blue-green "Batista" designs; no entrance attire

Big John Studd (One attire)

Base - White tights with black star designs and red boots; no entrance attire

Big Show (One attire)

Base - Black singlet with camo designs; no entrance attire

Big Show - Retro (Three attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 2000) - Blue shorts with "Big Show" shirt; no entrance attire
Wrestlemania 20 - Short hair with black singlet; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 25 - Bald with black singlet; no entrance attire

Bret Hart (Four attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 9) - Pink top and tights with white designs; black leather jacket

Wrestlemania 10 - Black top and tights with pink and white designs; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 12 - Black top and tights with pink and white designs; black leather jacket

Wrestlemania 13 - Pink top and black tights with pink and white designs; black leather jacket with pink "Hitman" designs

Brock Lesnar (One attire)
Base - Black and red MMA shorts; no entrance attire

Brock Lesnar - Retro (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with white logo; no entrance attire

Brodus Clay (One attire)

Base - Black singlet with orange designs; black outfit with orange designs and white hat

Chris Jericho (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with grey designs; black jacket with silver light-up sleeves

Chris Jericho - Retro (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania X8) - Green tights with purple designs; pink jacket with silver sleeves and black logo

Wrestlemania XIX - Blue tights with gold designs; blue and black jacket with gold logo

Christian (One attire)
Base - Black tights with red and gold designs; no entrance attire

CM Punk (One attire)
Base - Blue trunks with white and orange designs; black hoodie with yellow logos

Cody Rhodes (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with purple designs; black jacket with purple designs

Damien Sandow (One attire)
Base - Pink trunks with purple kneepads and white boots; blue robe with white towel

Daniel Bryan (One attire)
Base - Red trunks with white designs and red "NO" logo; red jacket with white designs and red "NO" logo

Darren Young (One attire)
Base - Yellow trunks with purple designs; black shirt with red designs

David Otunga (One attire)
Base - Red shorts with black and white designs; no entrance attire

Dean Ambrose (One attire)
Base - Black outfit; no entrance attire

Diesel (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 10) - Mullet hairstyle with silver pants and black chaps, black top, and silver vest with black designs; no entrance attire
Wrestlemania 12 - Long hair with black pants, silver and black top; black vest

Dolph Ziggler (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with white logos; blue "Stealing The Show" shirt

Drew McIntyre (One attire)
Base - Black pants with orange designs; black cowboy hat, sunglasses and bandanna

Eddie Guerrero (One attire)

Base - Black tights with green and gold designs; no entrance attire

Edge (Three attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 22) - Camo cargo pants; grey workshirt

Wrestlemania 25 - Red "Rated R" tights with black designs; grey jacket with black designs

Wrestlemania 27 - Black tights with orange and white designs; .grey jacket with light grey designs

Goldberg (One attire)
Base - Black shorts with white logo; no entrance attire

The Great Khali (One attire)
Base - Red pants with gold designs; no entrance attire

Heath Slater (One attire)
Base - Black pants with blue and orange designs; black vest with sunglasses

Hollywood Hulk Hogan (One attire)
Base - Black tights with blue designs and white belt, white boots with blue designs; black "nWo" shirt with black and white boas

Hulk Hogan (Seven attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 2) - Yellow trunks and boots with red kneepads; yellow "Hulkamania" shirt with red "Hulkamania" bandanna

Wrestlemania 3 - Yellow trunks and boots with red kneepads; yellow "Hulkamania" shirt with yellow "Hulkamania" bandanna

Wrestlemania 5 - Yellow trunks and boots with red kneepads; yellow "Hulk Rules" shirt with yellow "Hulkamania" bandanna

Wrestlemania 6 - Yellow trunks and boots with red kneepads; yellow "Hulk Rules" shirt with red "Hulkamania" bandanna

Wrestlemania 7 - Yellow trunks and boots with red kneepads; yellow "Hulk Rules" shirt with blue and white bandanna

Wrestlemania 4 - Red tights, red belt, white boots, red "Hulkamania" shirt and red "Hulkamania" bandanna; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 9 - Red tights, yellow belt and boots, red "Hulkamania" shirt and yellow "Hulkamania" bandanna; no entrance attire

Jack Swagger (One attire)
Base - Black singlet with gold designs; no entrance attire

JBL (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with gold logo; black jacket with white towel and cowboy hat

Jinder Mahal (One attire)
Base - Black pants with brown designs; black turban

John Cena (Ten attires)

Base - Tan shorts with black bands; yellow "Never Give Up" shirt with black hat

Wrestlemania 29 Shirt - Tan shorts with yellow "Never Give Up" shirt and black hat; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 23 - Grey cargo shorts with camo bands; black "Live Fast, Fight Hard" shirt

Wrestlemania 24 - Blue jean shorts with black bands; black "54" football jersey with orange/black hat

Wrestlemania 25 - Blue jean shorts with blue bands; black "HLA" shirt with black hat

Wrestlemania 26 - Blue jean shorts with orange bands; orange "Never Give Up" shirt with orange/blue hat

Wrestlemania 27 - Blue jean shorts with red bands; red "Never Give Up" shirt with red hat

Wrestlemania 27 Shirt - Blue jean shorts with red bands and red "Never Give Up" shirt with red hat; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 28 - Blue jean shorts with green bands; green "Rise Above Hate" shirt with green hat

Wrestlemania 28 Shirt - Blue jean shorts with green bands and green "Rise Above Hate" shirt with green hat; no entrance attire

John Cena - Retro (Four attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 20) - Blue jean shorts with green and black bands; blue "Cena 22" basketball jersey with blue/orange hat
Wrestlemania 20 Shirt - Blue jean shorts with green and black bands, and blue "Cena 22" basketball jersey with blue/orange hat; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 21 - Blue jean shorts with black bands; black "Chaingang Soldier" basketball jersey with black hat

Wrestlemania 21 Shirt - Blue jean shorts with black bands, and black "Chaingang Soldier" basketball jersey with black hat; no entrance attire

Justin Gabriel (One attire)

Base - Black trunks with green designs; no entrance attire

Kaitlyn (One attire)
Base - Black pants with camo top; no entrance attire

Kane (One attire)
Base - Black outfit with red designs and red mask; no entrance attire

Kane - Retro (One attire)
Base - Black and red outfit with red and black mask; no entrance attire

King Kong Bundy (One attire)
Base - Black singlet; no entrance attire

Kofi Kingston (One attire)
Base - Grey shorts with yellow designs; black "I Can Fly" shirt

Layla (One attire)
Base - Pink outfit; no entrance attire

Lita (One attire)

Base - Black outfit with white designs; no entrance attire

Mark Henry (One attire)
Base - Black singlet with red designs; no entrance attire

Mick Foley (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 22) - Black pants with red flannel vest and black "Cactus Jack" shirt; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 2000 - Black pants with blue flannel vest and black "Cactus Jack" shirt; no entrance attire

The Miz (Two attires)
Base - Grey trunks with white designs and upside-down WWE logo; black "Haters <3 Me" shirt

Wrestlemania 27 - Black trunks with dark gold designs; long leather jacket

Mr. McMahon (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 15/2000) - Black jeans with black top; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 17 - Black suit with white shirt; no entrance attire

Natalya (One attire)
Base - Pink outfit with gold designs; white jacket with black designs

Randy Orton (Two attires)
Base - Black trunks with blue designs; black "Strike First" shirt

Wrestlemania 24 - Black trunks with red designs and less tattoos; no entrance attire

Randy Savage (Four attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 3) - Pink trunks with yellow kneepads and boots; purple robe with blue and white designs, and sunglasses with white/black headband

Wrestlemania 4 - Orange trunks with yellow kneepads and boots; blue and white robe, and sunglasses with blue/white headband

Wrestlemania 5 - Pink trunks and kneepads with white boots; orange robe with black and yellow designs, and sunglasses with orange/yellow headband

Wrestlemania 8 - Gold outfit with black and orange designs; black jacket with gold designs and tassels, and sunglasses with gold/black cowboy hat

Razor Ramon (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with gold razor designs; gold/black vest with gold/red/grey logo

Rey Mysterio (One attire)
Base - Blue outfit with red and white designs; no entrance attire)

Ric Flair (One attire)
Base - Blue trunks with gold logo; blue/white robe with gold designs

Ric Flair - Retro (One attire)
Base - Red trunks with white logo; red robe with white designs

Ricky Steamboat (One attire)
Base - White tights; white jacket with red designs and red headband

The Rock (Three attires)
Base - Black trunks with silver logos; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 28 - Black trunks with white logos and goatee; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 27 - Black pants with white stripe and black "I Bring It" shirt; no entrance attire

The Rock - Retro (Five attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 15) - Black trunks with blue designs; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 2000 - Black trunks with gold designs; no entrance attire
Wrestlemania 17 - Black trunks with silver designs; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania X8 - Black trunks with gold designs; no entrance attire
Wrestlemania XIX - Bald with tattoos, black trunks with blue designs; no entrance attire

Roman Reigns (One attire)
Base - Black outfit; no entrance attire

R-Truth (One attire)

Base - Black jeans with white designs; no entrance attire

Ryback (One attire)
Base - Purple singlet with yellow designs; black "Feed Me More" shirt

Santino Marella (One attire)
Base - Blue and black singlet with Italy banner on front; no entrance attire

Seth Rollins (One attire)
Base - Black outfight; no entrance attire

Sgt. Slaughter (One attire)
Base - Tan pants with camo shirt and black singlet; tan military shirt with black beret

Shawn Michaels (Four attires)
Base (Wrestlemania XIX) - Red tights with black stripes and hearts; red and black outfit

Wrestlemania 23 - Red and white pants; white vest with red designs

Wrestlemania 24 - Red and black pants; red vest with black designs

Wrestlemania 26 - Black pants and white chaps with gold designs; white vest with black and gold designs

Shawn Michaels - Retro (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 10) - White tights with red hearts; red chaps and vest with black designs and sunglasses

Wrestlemania 12 - White tights with gold hearts; white outfit with gold and black designs

Sheamus (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with silver and white designs; grey "Brogue Kick" shirt

Sin Cara (One attire)
Base - White tights and mask with blue designs; blue jacket with gold designs

Stephanie McMahon (One attire)
Base - Black pants with black "Stephanie McMahon Helmsley" shirt; no entrance attire

Stone Cold (Three attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 13/15) - Black trunks with one black knee brace; black "101 Proof" vest

Wrestlemania 17/XIX - Black trunks with two black knee braces; black "101 Proof" vest

Wrestlemania 20 - Blue jean shorts with two black knee braces and black "Drink Beer" shirt; no entrance attire

Ted DiBiase (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 4) - Black trunks with white logos; silver suit with pink designs

Wrestlemania 11 - Black suit with white shirt; no entrance attire

Tensai (One attire)
Base - Black singlet with blue designs; no entrance attire

Titus O'Neil (One attire)
Base - Purple trunks with gold designs; black shirt with red and gold designs

Triple H (One attire)
Base - Black trunks with gold designs; no entrance attire

Triple H - Retro (Four attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 2000) - Black trunks with white "HHH" logos; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania X8 - Black trunks with white 'iron cross' logos and red outlines; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 24 - Black trunks with white-outlined 'iron cross' logos; no entrance attire

Wrestlemania 28 - Black trunks with red and white logos; no entrance attire

Undertaker (Three attires)
Base - Bald with black outfit with grey cross logos; black hooded robe with spikes

Wrestlemania 23 - Long hair with black outfit with grey devil skull logos; black leather trenchcoat with black hat

Wrestlemania 26 - Long hair with black outfit with grey/blue devil wings logos; black hooded leather jacket

Undertaker - Retro (Two attires)
Base (Wrestlemania 11/12) - Black outfit with purple gloves and kickpads; black jacket with purple tie and grey hat

Wrestlemania 14 - Black Ministry-style outfit; black leather jacket with cape

Wade Barrett (One attire)

Base - Red trunks with white logo; black "Barrett Barrage" shirt

Yokozuna (One attire)

Base - Red tights with black sash; black and white checkered robe

Zack Ryder (One attire)

Base - Black and purple trunks with orange designs; purple "SSSIIICCCKKK!" shirt

Ultimate Warrior (One attire)

Base - Orange trunks, kneepads, and boot covers with pink/yellow designs; no entrance attire

Whoever wrote this said Cena has an "HLA" shirt...probably meant "HLR," but I thought it was funny so I didn't change it. Also, between Cena and Hogan there are 21 different attires...good lord.

Edited by PatDaMan

Is Universe mode easier to customize and start out with this year?

I found 13's was far too set and limiting. For instance, I felt like I had to start a Universe mode with things in place that I didn't want, so that I could get the rosters and shows and belts all to where I wanted them... instead of just being able to do it all right at the beginning.