WWE 2K14

apsham

holy shit. Defeat The Streak mode is ridiculously hard. I've tried like 10 times... each time I've been getting a little bit closer but no cigar. no cigar ever. NEVER CIGAR NEVER. it's ridiculously hard... kudos to the guys that made this for actually making it difficult because wow.

EDIT: So I tried it with HBK, Stone Cold, The Rock, Cena... failed with all of them. I think 'Oh, I'll have a go with Hogan'... I beat him on my first try! It was surprisingly not even too difficult when I tried with Hogan, either...

Edited by 0wen

I thought I had him when I used Lesnar, but when I hit my second F5 and figured it was over, the lights went out and there was a gong... then Taker was standing behind me and hit me with a Tombstone to win... Someone told me there is a trophy if you kick out five times from Taker in that mode... Don't think I'll be going for that one.

Edited by BuddyAwesome

Are the Nash and Hall season pass exclusives available to download now? Or are they not available until when the nWo pack releases later this month?

They are not available now. You're right; they'll be available to download when the nWo pack is released.

But who needs the Outsiders?! Someone uploaded TIMOTHY WELL and STEVEN DUNN... WELL DUNN! (Not going to lie, I actually really like the CAWs!)

EDIT: Actually, search for "kingofkingsofnite". He has uploaded Well Dunn, Headshrinkers, 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly, Tatanka, Big Boss Man, Sid Justice, Leif Cassidy, Mabel, Kama, Adam Bomb, Crush, Heavenly Bodies, etc.

Edited by Carparama
  • Like 2

Alright, so I'm thinking of trading in a few games for either WWE 2K14, COD: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed IV or Batman: Arkham Origins. My question is, is 2K14 worth picking up? I'm obviously a huge wrestling fan, but I don't want to get bored out of my mind after running through 30 Years of Wrestlemania. There seems to be a ton of possiblites to create match ups in the game with an already stacked roster, soon to be released DLC & CAWs, but I just don't want to waste money if I'm not going to want to play the game a month from now. Suggestions, advice?

I had more fun with WWE '13, but the servers are fucked so customisability is wrecked and I couldn't possibly recommend it.

This has the potential to be as good once the flood of good CAWs come out, but right now I'm having a very hard time with the countering. Oh, and 30 years of Wrestlemania is the most boring piece of trash ever, at the very least they could allow us to choose chapters instead of making us wrestle King Kong Bundy and Ultimate Warrior if we want to unlock anyone interesting.

I didn't really want this till people started talking about Beat The Streak being super hard. Now I want it so I can beat it with Zack Ryder or somebody.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not sure I will buy next year's game. I'm going to get a ton of playtime out of this one.

Just spent an hour or so downloading 60 CAWs, and now I'm going to get their theme songs on my PS3. Some mild moveset/attribute editing needs to be done, but thankfully, not too much.

Someone needs to make an I.R.S. and I'll be happy.

How are the servers this year?

I've only been on to download a few wrestlers and an arena, but I didn't get kicked off at all (the same would have seen me thrown out a good 4/5 times last year).

Overall I'm really enjoying this years effort. 30 years is the same idea as the attitude mode but just way more fun, although the late 90s as a specific time never really appealed to me anyway. There doesn't seem to be (so far, at least) any optional objectives which are completely shit to do.

Gameplay in general seems to be a little more challenging due to the refined reversals and a faster pace overall. I've had to turn it down to hard after playing the last few games on Legend, which is nice. Loads of small things which are nice touches too; the ability to set which music plays in menus and the universe modifications in particular.

Most broken thing so far is some commentary stuff. Big E Langston? No Cole, he hasn't even been released yet, he's not in this match.

So after spending all night unlocking enough wrestlers to start playing Universe mode and then playing a few Universe mode matches I take back everything I said about the game.

Reversals are fine once you get used to the timing, 30 years of Wrestlemania really picks up around halfway through and Universe mode is an improvement on the WWE '13 version from what I've seen so far.

So yeah, it's pretty good and providing WWE 2K15 isn't a phenomenal upgrade, I think I'll be sticking with this well into the next generation.

The servers are FANTASTIC. I didn't have too much trouble last year, but I would get kicked off after downloading a bunch of wrestlers. This year, I have not been disconnected once.

If you're willing to edit a few stats, and put in a few movesets, you can find a ton of solid CAWs. I have now filled 85 of the 100 open slots, and most are old school WWF guys. I have legends like Billy Graham, Jimmy Snuka, Honky Tonk Man. I've got guys I grew up with like Tatanka, Adam Bomb, The Mountie, and Savio Vega. I also have horrible wrestlers like Giant Gonzalez and Gillberg. I take that back. Gillberg rules.

The massive tournaments I'm going to do, plus the massive Royal Rumbles... I think I'll make this purchase worthwhile. And considering I also have Pokemon Y, the new Ace Attorney game, and still play Dust 514 on a daily basis, that makes me happy. I rarely played WWE2K13. I usually just "watched" some simulations. I'm actually playing some matches in 2K14.

I also cannot wait for the nWo... Bruno Sammartino... Roberts/Rude/Rhodes... Man, I can't wwait until I get Virgil. WHO WILL BE THE WORST OF ALL-TIME?!

I should see if someone has uploaded the Brooklyn Brawler.

EDIT: They did. Sweet. 86 CAWs.

Edited by Carparama

I've just downloaded about 20-30 CAWs to get the Wyatts, Goldust and most of the NXT roster that's available. Now watching Universe matches, in the first match Luke Harper just beat Kofi Kingston, Kofi hit his double leg drop signature and got a 2 count, they got back up and BANG! - Clothesline from Hell wins it for Harper. It was amazingly realistic.

There's a guy called Le_Goldust who has done a great job with the NXT roster (albeit with their stats a bit high for developmental guys) but the Wyatts need their movesets made.

Awesome. I swore I wasn't going to get it this year, but I have a shitload of old games to trade in that, according to the Best Buy Trade-In estimator it should net me around $30. Can't really go wrong with a half price game. I seldom play online, I really just want good servers for CAW purposes. Think I'll go with PS3 this year so that theme uploading isn't such a pain (not sure if newer 360s have an updated functionality but I have an old system which requires me to burn CDs and rip them to my hard drive that way). Would be way easier to just use my USB to add themes.

wow what. I just checked through the preset movesets and nearly all of them are listed under gimmick names (e.g. Gold Standard, Most Valuable Player, etc.) but there are a few that are listed under, pretty much, their actual name. For example, there is Haas and B. Wyatt (Bray, obviously) which kinda makes sense because Haas used to be under contract and Wyatt currently is under one... but then there's also a move-set under the name 'S. Joe'... checking through it... yeah it's definitely Samoa Joe, which is odd because he's never been under a WWE contract but whatever. I don't usually check the movesets so it's definitely possible that this same circumstance with Samoa Joe was in last year's game, but you get my point.

EDIT: oh there's one for AJ Styles and stuff too.

Edited by 0wen
  • Like 1