WWE 2K14

apsham

About the servers. I think all the past issue were down to the amount of players. I was playing 13 last night and had no issues at all doing anything because a lot of people have have 2K14. I imagine the 2K14 servers will go to shit right after Christmas when everyone gets it.

Does Eddie Guerrero only have the mullet look in this game?

yeah. but to be fair, it's a bit odd that he's in the game in the first place. it looks like they planned to include him in the 30YWM mode but changed their minds, considering he is the only legend in the game that is not in a match in the 30 years mode.

There's a guy called Le_Goldust who has done a great job with the NXT roster (albeit with their stats a bit high for developmental guys) but the Wyatts need their movesets made.

The movesets can be downloaded too. Just search for 'em.

As for the ratings being too high... yeah. Buy the accelerator and you can edit them. I dropped both Rowan/Harper because... yeah, 93? 91? No thanks.

There's a guy called Le_Goldust who has done a great job with the NXT roster (albeit with their stats a bit high for developmental guys) but the Wyatts need their movesets made.

The movesets can be downloaded too. Just search for 'em.

As for the ratings being too high... yeah. Buy the accelerator and you can edit them. I dropped both Rowan/Harper because... yeah, 93? 91? No thanks.

I just jumped in to the Create a Superstar mode and edited the downloaded guys to have the ratings I wanted. Seemed to work just fine.

Beat the Streak is infuriating/satisfying. My friend and I took about 3 hours and used like 20 different guys before I finally beat him with Damian Sandow (!!!). He is so cheap though, and at some points he just counter anything done to him on the ground with special moves. It's ridiculous.

Hearing Sandow's music after I finally beat him was pretty appropriate at least :shifty:

Defeat the Streak Undertaker is more along the lines of what I was expecting three years ago when the developers were hyping up the "vs. Undertaker" Road to WrestleMania storyline for SvR2011. Rage-inducingly hard to beat, but when you do, it's likely the greatest feeling you can experience through the game. I was able to do it - after several attempts using guys like Ryback and Cesaro - with Daniel Bryan. I even got to be a little arrogant about it, because I beat him with the big knee, with a wake-up taunt and everything.

Trying to decide whether I should pick this up on Black Friday or just wait for 2k15 on next gen. I played '13 a fair amount, but ended up getting rid of it on one of those 30% extra on trade-ins deals.

Sounds like EWB is mixed on it, but for me, it's probably a question of whether there are more Universe cutscenes or not. Has anyone dove deep into it yet?

It's got plenty of potential to be the best WWE game of this generation, but there's little problems that seem to crop up after a while.

There's a few sound glitches (announcer mute whilst introducing the main event, crowd clipping), occasional crashing problems (when going to edit a CAW, Create an Entrance, Create a title) and I've witnessed a really strange AI glitch (Kane just doing the same move over and over again outside and not caring about putting the opponent back into the ring to pin them) but other than those it seems an improvement over WWE '13.

The roster is certainly different, and if you were used to the Attitude era wrestlers of '13 you might not find as much enjoyment out of Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy etc. but nothing that can't be fixed with 100 CAW slots and a functional Community Creations :D

Oh but as usual, online is terrible and don't buy any WWE game for online. Lag makes reversing moves much harder to predict thanks to the timing windows altering per person, so unless you're playing against people you know, it's not going to be fun.

I trust 2K to actually patch the game this time, unlike THQ that collapsed during WWE '13's run. The NWO pack should be out later this month (maybe even this Wednesday) and there'll likely be a patch to accompany it, if it fixes the freezing issues then it should be a dead cert buy, if not then leave it for a while and see what happens.

Do female CAWs still look like dolls? I have never seen a Diva CAW that wasn't dead looking.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK got the closest I've come to beating Taker, saved my resiliency for a late pinfall. I swear I stopped the fucking meter in the kickout section before the 3 but the game didn't count it. :( Even with resiliency you evidently need perfect timing since with Taker you get about 1 second to kick out.

Fair play to the people who've marathoned through Taker matches until beating him. I can only do about 2-3 at a time before I have to play an exhibition match or something. -_-