WWE 2K14

apsham

I'm convinced you people are insane. On a good TV WWE 13 looks amazing. I can't imagine that 2k14 is any worse looking.

• Like 1

tumblr_mc0bl5SqQF1qlhou3o1_500.png

TNA Impact was out in 2008.

I'm demanding a higher standard. I'm aware that the Booker T example was rather extreme, but the models have literally not moved with time. I work with models day in and day out. Some of them in WWE 13 and what I've seen from 2K14 are absolutely terrible.

That Impact game was also a pretty big piece of shit.

The only character I've seen in 2k14 videos that looked off was Roman Reigns. Something with his shoulders and skin tone.

Huh. I'm gonna have to check and see how it works out with other people (since I didn't really pay attention to Triple H after I finished the match), but it looks like CM Punk has a unique victory animation if he wins on Defeat the Streak. Then again, I haven't played Punk as often in this game, so for all I know I just got his usual win animation.

I FINALLY beat the Steak (Mark Henry :wub: ) and the winning animation was his usual one but the announcers gushed about how Mark Henry ended the Streak by inducting Taker into the Hall of Pain.

Huh. I'm gonna have to check and see how it works out with other people (since I didn't really pay attention to Triple H after I finished the match), but it looks like CM Punk has a unique victory animation if he wins on Defeat the Streak. Then again, I haven't played Punk as often in this game, so for all I know I just got his usual win animation.

I FINALLY beat the Steak (Mark Henry :wub: )

How could you not beat the steak with Mark Henry? I don't think there's a steak in the world that could beat that man.

• Like 3

...the quality of the TNA Impact game has absolutely zero to do with how it looks. Don't grab at straws.

It has some merit, considering that Impact had a nearly four-year-long developmental cycle. When you don't need to worry about a yearly release (or quality of gameplay, really) it's easy to come up with models that look decent. But even then, that comparison picture's not worth much. The picture of Booker from iMPACT! is almost certainly a bullshot image while the picture of Booker from WWE '12 is in-game footage.

iMPACT! had decent models (CAWs excluded, because they look as bad as SmackDown! 3/SYM-era CAWs), but they definitely aren't some kind of standard that THQ/2k/Yukes should aspire to. With any luck, they'll at least try to take advantage of the advanced hardware the PS4 and XB1 are packing to make improvements to the game's graphical presentation.

No that's... pretty much how he looked in game. Which is exactly why that comparison picture was created. Regardless, that Booker T is WAY too friggin' bad to defend in any way whatsoever. Impact had really, really good models - and regardless of a four year development cycle or how the game played, we've been dealing with these samey looking models for about four years or more now. And during that time, they've come out with features that seem revolutionary - but as people have pointed out in the past, are just them adding simple things back in. This does not deserve praise and while I've enjoyed some of the modes/features that they have added in the past, and have touted around as highly revolutionary.. most of the time, let's just admit to ourselves that they are slapping some matches into a few menu panels, and putting a premade video to it.

It's the only game out there on the market that comes out year in and year out, really - and that's exactly why they haven't bothered to improve the models all that much. I defended it myself for a few years but at this point it's starting to get ridiculous. There's a serious need for an entire overhaul - which absolutely HAS to come with the next game on the next generation of consoles. Impact models may not be what they should aspire to NOW, but it certainly was then.

Okay the Hogan/Andre mania match challenge can burn in hell. I always do quite well until a point where the game decides I can't counter him anymore, he hits a series of moves and wins.

Is there an achievment for people downloading your creations? If so I am going to upload myself and you all better download me!

:pervert:

• Like 2

I finished the WM 24 Cena/HHH/Orton triple threat in one try, but that one try took ages. Have to hit a punt kick and win in 10 seconds, but your other opponent will always be standing up. So you have to clothesline them down and THEN pin. Cena and HHH trolled me by reversing the clothesline allowing the clock to expire. Finally won with 1 second to go.