WWE 2K14

apsham

How can Rey Mysterio have only one outfit when Cena has 14? :mellow:

Wrestlemania mode presumably. Pity though given Reys WM outfits.

Big Show didn't actually use the KO Punch as a regular finish then though did he? I thought that came much later.

The game was pretty much finished with development by the time the Cesaro Swing stuff started so the swing he has is one that was already in the game and only spins like twice. That said I fully expect some kind of awesome gimmicky Cesaro Swing next year. It'd make a great comeback move if they space out the quick time event properly.

Wow, Shopto.net is very consistent. This is the third year in a row that I've pre-ordered it from them and it's always come a day early!

They do this with pretty much every game that doesn't have a major publisher fighting against early releases. (which is why they're weren't stocking CoD: Ghosts for a while)

Wow, Shopto.net is very consistent. This is the third year in a row that I've pre-ordered it from them and it's always come a day early!

They do this with pretty much every game that doesn't have a major publisher fighting against early releases. (which is why they're weren't stocking CoD: Ghosts for a while)

Yeah, I ordered GTA 5 from the same website and got it on release day, so that makes sense. A very reliable website!

As someone who never played 13 is there enough of a jump from 12 to 14 in terms of gameplay and content to justify a full (or near-full) price purchase?

Well, I paid $15 for my copy brand-new, and it's worth at least that. Compared to '12, 2k14 is a pretty decentish jump in content (especially considering the roster available thanks to 30YoWM mode).

• Like 2

...Wait, I just realised Usos aren't even DLC this year (I know, it took me a while to realise), considering they've made more of an impact this year than they did last (and at least they were in as DLC last year...) they are an odd exclusion. it's a shame that they aren't in but... ah well.

The Pepsi Plunge is DLC, but it's called the "Soda Plunge". Heh.

EDIT: And so is... Lil' Jimmy?

EDIT EDIT: Oh man, the Moonsault double stomp ("Moonstomp") is too. I could make the most indyriffic guys ever!

Merh, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up on the Universe Mode stuff. It's not that being similar to last year irks me. That's more than fine. Last year's mode, while goofy, was where I started to see where the potential was for the mode. But the additions to this year are basically nil. Get ready for endless reports of "Rival A and Rival B are really in an intense feud!" for ages. The big flaw to address is that there should have been a more valid tier system in that some feuds play out over endless TV matches, others come to a head on PPV without any TV matches before it. It's still so goofy and wrong that say a Brock Lesnar wrestles say R-Truth on Main Event constantly, whether you have had them as rivals or not.

I mean, at least 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode is pretty interesting (albeit limited in its own right). And I also didn't get the benefit of the creation thing since I rented it. I may buy it if it gets on a Black Friday sale, but my expectations have gotten pretty tempered.