(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Damn, Dallas pretty much owned Pittsburgh for most of that game. Plus, bad turnovers and penalties cost us this one.

I know Shero doesn't want to get anymore rentals, but they desperately need someone to put with Crosby and Kunitz, because guys like Kobasew, Glass, Vitale, etc just don't have Dupuis' skills, and while Bennet might come back soon, I'd rather have them put him on the third line, which also needs work. Dunno who they can get this year that is a top six, without giving up too much, but they need to do something.

You should trade for Mason Raymond!

That isn't a terrible Idea. (unless he just got injured and I'm aware of it) Cheap contract, and only for the rest of the year. It wouldn't take much to get him. Problem is he's more of a do-it-yourself player, that wouldn't work that well with Crosby and Kunitz.

I haven't seen much of Raymond this year, but the Pens desperately need someone for the first line, and the third line. Sutter's been playing with a whole bunch of different guys, and they just haven't been producing. Maybe get someone for the first line and then put Sutter/Bennett on the third line with someone more capable. With the way the team is right now, I don't see a deep playoff run, especially if they run into a team can shut down the first two lines like the Bruins did.

he would be a depth guy, but a decent one. He'd be an awful first liner.

Pittsburgh definitely needs a depth guy, what would he be worth? Also, yeah, I honestly got no idea who they can get to play in the first line, I dunno how many rentals there are left who would fit in with Crosby and Kunitz.

Vancouver let him walk away for nothing and he stuck with toronto because they need a top nine guy to compliment their core pieces. i believe he is a pending UFA though. so get a third round pick ready, maybe?

• Like 1

I wouldn't give much more. He has always been a streaky player and he gives up the puck trying to make plays a lot more than he completes them. There's lots that someone with his speed can do for a team, though I don't think he necessarily gives Pittsburgh what they are missing minus Dupuis.

He isn't going to replace Dupuis but you will be hard pressed to do that with a third round pick.

Our goalie is playing BETTER than Luongo :P (only just)

They won't deal the Sedins, so I didn't even consider that. And Edler would basically be our third D behind EJ and Hejda. I mean...they can have Max Talbot and a like a second if they want a center. (obviously this is not fair value, just trying to highlight that Talbot + pick is what we'd offer for someone we slot in on the second pairing.)