(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

TRADES!!!

Just coming up now (not 100% confirmed)

Ryan Miller and Steve Ott traded out of Buffalo.

Rumor is that it is a three way with STL/OTT, with picks and prospects going to Buffalo, Miller/Ott to St. Louis and Ottawa getting Chris Stewart.

TRADES!!!

Just coming up now (not 100% confirmed)

Ryan Miller and Steve Ott traded out of Buffalo.

Rumor is that it is a three way with STL/OTT, with picks and prospects going to Buffalo, Miller/Ott to St. Louis and Ottawa getting Chris Stewart.

Halak is going to Buffalo.

I been reading that Kesler might be traded, but he apparently shot that down. Pittsburgh and Boston are supposedly interested in him.

Come on, Shero, Pens need some depth on the third line and someone to play with Crosby and Kunitz.

Mason Raymond, yours for a 2nd.

St. Louis gets Ryan Miller and Steve Ott.

Buffalo gets Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, a 1st in 2015 and a 3rd in 2016.

The Blues walk out of this with immediate upgrades for the playoffs.

Buffalo potentially gets a starter going forward in Halak, who plays his best behind a team that lets him see 30+ shots per game... as well as a guy in Stewart that was compared to a young Jarome Iginla... and picks.

Both teams get what they need. The Blues get better right now, and the Sabres get better moving forward, without putting the team in a bad spot in the meantime.

EDIT: Apparently, Buffalo is looking to flip Halak and Stewart for further picks and prospects.

So the Sabres come out with a 1st in 2015, a 3rd in 2016 and prospect William Carriere for Miller and Ott... plus whatever they get for Halak and Stewart.

Hey guys.

Hey guys.

that third becomes a first if St. louis makes the conference final OR resigns Miller.

How bad is that trade for them? A top six power forward, a legit number one goalie, one, maybe two firsts, in exchange for two pending ufas? Wow.

Based on Carlyle's usage of Clarkson, I wouldn't put the blame on him. Carlyle has rarely given Clarkson any time away from the third line and no time on the power play. You would think, if he pushed Nonis to get him, then he would at least try to use him more.

I really am not a Carlyle guy, but I think he is moving away from playing face punchers all the time.

Does anyone see Reimer going by the deadline? I hope not, but he is a UFA in the off season.

EDIT - You are totally right at Bolland looking at Clarkson's deal and salivating, though.

Edited by Toe

Where would Reimer go? If he's a UFA, then he'd most likely go to a team in the playoff hunt, but do any of those teams (other than Pittsburgh) really need a goalie? As for trades, what about Vanek and Moulson? Haven't heard much about them yet, but there's gotta be some interest there.

Reimer is actually an RFA once the deal is done:

http://capgeek.com/player/1247

So the Leafs still control his rights, and don't have to worry about losing him for nothing.

While I love Reimer to death, and what he has done with this team...it seems the writing is on the wall....Carlyle just prefers Bernier. I hope we trade him to a team who needs a starting goalie or a 1B, and we get a good return for him. Although I am gonna be super sad when he leaves :(

Apparently there was some kind of negotiations between Pittsburgh and Vancouver, with Pittsburgh getting Kesler for Sutter and Derrick Pouliot. This was before Letang went down, but it wouldn't be a bad deal. I like Sutter, but he hasn't been consistent enough for Pittsburgh. I'd hate to lose out on a young defenseman, but Pittsburgh still has Despres and a few others they can bring up. Kesler's struck down the trade rumors, but lets see what happens.

I haven't being paying attention to the Maple Leafs, but who's been better, Reimer or Bernier? Also, anyone else read that St. Louis requested to be traded from Tampa?

Apparently there was some kind of negotiations between Pittsburgh and Vancouver, with Pittsburgh getting Kesler for Sutter and Derrick Pouliot. This was before Letang went down, but it wouldn't be a bad deal. I like Sutter, but he hasn't been consistent enough for Pittsburgh. I'd hate to lose out on a young defenseman, but Pittsburgh still has Despres and a few others they can bring up. Kesler's struck down the trade rumors, but lets see what happens.

I haven't being paying attention to the Maple Leafs, but who's been better, Reimer or Bernier? Also, anyone else read that St. Louis requested to be traded from Tampa?

Bernier has better rebound control, and Reimer looks a little shaky in net (he always has)....but their stats aren't that different (One has an NHL career .919 saver percentage, the other has a .915). This year, Bernier has had a significant amount of more starts.

and I have hear that MSL wants out, apparently super unhappy about the Olympic snub, and that he apparently would only accept a trade to the Rangers.

I was hoping for a Keith Ballard style beheading myself.

I heard it was Sutter, 2 2014 draft picks (1 is a first) and the choice od despres or dumoulin.