(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

I would love to have Komarov back...I need him!

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, having Komarov back would be awesome, particularly if Nonis makes it clear to Carlyle that he's paying good money to keep the guy in North America and he needs playing time accordingly. I just don't think it's going to happen. With Orr and FML ensconced in the lineup no matter what we do short of going full Tonya, where does Komarov fit?

So despite currently serving a suspension, John Tortorella was behind the bench during the Canucks and Jets game. No word on whether he will face further discipline.

Five in a row now for Calgary. Backlund, Brodie and Gio all had huge games again.

Poor Dennis Wideman was all over the place last night, and was present for the majority of the gaffes made. He hasn't been "bad" by any means, but he seems lost out there, now that he's not even in the top 3 in terms of d-men on the team. Giordano, Brodie and Russell have all become more important to the team than Wideman, while Butler has become much more stable and confident. It looks like it's wearing on the confidence of Wideman.

He still has a lot to offer the team, and I wouldn't advocate moving him for the sake of moving him... but if a D-man goes this season, I think it's him. He deserves the chance to find his game again.

So, after a rough start for the East, it looks like they're keeping up with the West now. You still have the strong top teams in the west, but everybody else has fizzled as the East has gotten better.

So, after a rough start for the East, it looks like they're keeping up with the West now. You still have the strong top teams in the west, but everybody else has fizzled as the East has gotten better.

A lot of that is that Eastern teams get to play a lot more Eastern teams while Western teams have to play a lot more Western teams. I'd pick any playoff team in the West over any non Boston/Pittsburgh Eastern team.

Radar is just the best :wub: So hopeful that the contract awkwardness was finished with Sherman and that he's on board with the Sakic/Roy regime because he's been so important to us. Stastny too - it just seems that they really understand how to use our defensively talented centers better than Sacco ever did.

Pittsburgh's just walking all over Buffalo tonight. :D

Also, didn't see it mentioned, but apparently Vanek's turned down a offer to stay with the Islanders, and they're looking to rent him out, but they want some big things in return. Seriously, what was the point of the Islanders even doing that trade?

Pittsburgh's just walking all over Buffalo tonight. :D

Also, didn't see it mentioned, but apparently Vanek's turned down a offer to stay with the Islanders, and they're looking to rent him out, but they want some big things in return. Seriously, what was the point of the Islanders even doing that trade?

He who deals only in certainties will never progress. It was a risk, but a calculated one. Besides, he's been a hell of a lot better than Moulson.

Vanek wants to test the free agent market. He never said that he wouldn't sign with the Islanders. He just turned down the offer that they made to him now, which sparked the talk about Garth Snow wanting to move him to get assets.

It's entirely in the realm of possibility that the Islanders move Vanek for assets prior to the deadline, and then sign him on July 1st.

Again, he didn't say that he wouldn't sign with them. He said that he wasn't going to sign with anyone until free agency. That's an important thing to remember.

If they don't trade Vanek, and he doesn't re-sign in the off season, Garth Snow has to be fired.

Of all the fanbases that someone would criticize a GM for making a bold move, I flatly refuse to believe that it's someone out of camp Kessel. You can't punish Snow for making a mistake when he's shown to have made shewd moves over the last few seasons.

Shrewd moves that have led to just two playoff appearances in 8 years. Just because I cheer for the Leafs doesn't mean I can't be critical of Garth Snow.

If the Leafs had made the same move, I would want Nonis gone if Vanek left and the Leafs spent all those assets for nothing.