(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

So, Sean, your reaction to the Luongo deal?

probably the same as his. I was taking a nap when it happened also.

I'm not happy that the Flames have given up on Reto Berra already. He's had a pretty decent season behind a lesser team. I figure Ortio gets a good look at now though, so that's good... and the return from Colorado of a 2nd Rounder? Way more than I would have expected. That's probably why the deal got done, because the Avs offered more than Burke (and myself) had Berra valued at.

I don't really get to follow hockey like I'd like, since I don't have cable to watch games, nor the internet, at home. I recognize Gaborik's name, but is he going to help the Kings' scoring issues?

Marian Gaborik is a pure goal scorer that can put the puck in the net at any moment. He's got quick strike offense, and if the Kings can get him the puck, he will do the rest.

The big question is, will Gaborik be able to stay healthy long enough to have any kind of real impact with the Kings?

I'm surprised LA didn't get Moulson, I kept reading about what a lock he was for them, it surprised me seeing him go to Minnesotta.

Any word on why St. Louis would only accept a trade to NY? I mean, I could have seen a lot of teams wanting him.

I'm surprised LA didn't get Moulson, I kept reading about what a lock he was for them, it surprised me seeing him go to Minnesotta.

Any word on why St. Louis would only accept a trade to NY? I mean, I could have seen a lot of teams wanting him.

St. Louis lives in the New York area, works out there in the off-season, and wanted out of Tampa Bay. Why he wouldn't accept a deal to the Island is pretty obvious, but Jersey could have been an okay fit for him too.

I am happy Toronto didn't send away Kadri or Gardiner today.

The price for Vanek though? Crazy. The Islanders did not get a good return, and I am surprised that the Canadiens offer was the best one for them.

I am happy Toronto didn't send away Kadri or Gardiner today.

The price for Vanek though? Crazy. The Islanders did not get a good return, and I am surprised that the Canadiens offer was the best one for them.

I feel like more GMs are starting to understand that the return wanted for most players isn't worth what you end up getting out of them. Also, GMs with trade chips have a better understanding of what they need to get in return for it to be better for the team to move a player rather than keep him.

The Flames didn't move Cammi today, probably because the offers wouldn't have helped the team as much as potentially re-signing him would.

The Islanders were in a tough spot, forcing themselves into the corner of having to move Vanek, and the other teams in the league knew that.

The biggest surprise I saw today was the return that Tampa got for St. Louis, when he only gave them one team to work with. Callahan for the rest of the year (and possibly further), plus a first rounder and a second rounder that turns into another first round pick if the Rangers make the conference finals. Good management by Steve Yzerman.