(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Fuck Garth Snow. I should be used to GM incompetence considering I'm a Cowboys fan, but still, fuck Garth Snow.

If Vanek wasn't going to re-sign, he had to get at least something for him.

Also, the Devils are kinda getting off the hook for the Kovy contract.....instead of losing their 1st round pick this year, they are just getting the 30th overall. Boo!

That is some bullshit. I don't want to wish career-ending injuries on anybody, but I do hope whoever the Devils pick there suffers...well, maybe not a normal career-ender. Maybe he just gets a paper cut signing his first contract that convinces him the NHL is a dangerous place he wants no part of and retires immediately.

At the time, everybody said the Vanek deal would be good "... if they have some assurance they can re-sign him". Islanders didn't have any chance of pinning him down, he didn't really want to be there and so they ended up paying full price for half a turn on the ferris wheel. Buffalo ends up looking smartest in the whole thing because they walk off with a bunch of assets from Wang & Garth (party on!) and Minnesota, too.

I think Kovalchuk ultimately retiring from the contract probably had something to do with the lessened penalty for the Devils. Still a crooked move to change the punishment after the fact.

It isn't like the NHL arbitrarily made the decision, the Devils had to make an application to the league and so we know that it had to be a compelling argument they've made otherwise - and as we've all mentioned in the past - there's no way Gary Bettman changes his mind for the fun of it. He hasn't done it before and I don't see him starting now.

http://theleafsnation.com/2014/3/6/the-komarov-rule

Professional troll. this guy needs to come back over here.

• Like 1

Wait sorry, that was his house that is on fire. Darned rioters.

Pittsburgh was outplaying them for the first, but after that, it was all Sharks, but especially that third period. Zatkoff kept Pittsburgh in the game, but they looked like they got overwhelmed as soon as the Sharks turned up the aggression. Doesn't help either when Crosby had his worse game of the season, I believe he was a -5. :(N): Tomorrow's game against Anaheim will be ugly too if they play this way.

I don't think they outplayed them in the first at all. Like I said, I just think they got some bounces that ironed out over the course of a game that was predominately Sharks. Also helps that they got the PPG that makes the score seem more lopsided than the game was.

Great back check by Crosby there!

I know players usually have off nights, but he looked like he wasn't even trying on that goal. Hopefully they shape up, cause after Anaheim they got back to backs against Washington and Philly. Our defense was horrible last night too, SJ got like, over forty shots on Zatkoff.