(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

A league-average shooter vs postseason Fleury is something i'd pay cash money to see.

Basically, i'm in the business of seeing Fleury get shelled.

Also I am not looking forward to three more years of Yogi Berra backing up Varly. Get ready for 70+ starts a year.

• Like 1

A league-average shooter vs postseason Fleury is something i'd pay cash money to see.

Also I am not looking forward to three more years of Yogi Berra backing up Varly. Get ready for 70+ starts a year.

Poor Fleury :( if he fucks up again, he's done in Pittsburgh once Shero finds another goalie.

Poor Fleury :( if he fucks up again, he's done in Pittsburgh once Shero finds another goalie.

Oh I'd love to see Flyers/Pens too. Might even pay an arm and a leg for tickets if they play in the playoffs. It's just incredible every single time.

• Like 1

Phil Kessel vs postseason Fleury is something i'd pay cash money to see.

Postseason Fleury is the worst possible Fleury...................... :(

And it's really going to be all on Fleury this year. I would feel a whole lot better with Vokoun backing him up, but there doesn't seem to be enough time for Vokoun to play this season, and Zatkoff has been good, but he needs way more games against tougher teams to see how he'll handle it. I do worry about playing someone like Montreal or Toronto in the first, but I think Pittsburgh could pull it off.

Though, it is still way too early to be guessing on who we'll be playing, there's still teams like Washington and Detroit who could probably end up making the playoffs, and someone like New York and Philly could drop to the wildcard spots, so lets see.

Don't bet on it. Flyers are on absolute fire, with Giroux, Coutourier and Berube making cases for postseason awards. They're coming together at the right time, and have 2 wins against the Pens this past weekend (at one point outscoring them 7-0 over 4 or 5 periods or something like that), and a big OT win against the Blackhawks last night. I think we have the Leafs tomorrow night, but I'm pumped to see them play the Blues this weekend, arguably the two hottest teams in hockey.

Giroux is a monster.

While Philly beat the Penguins, you have to account for the fact that the Penguins were down 2 of their best players. The Penguins are going through a rough patch now with some injuries and perhaps some difficulties after the Olympics break, but my guess is that come playoff time when the team is healthy, they will be a beast of a team.

• Like 1

Phil Kessel vs postseason Fleury is something i'd pay cash money to see.

Postseason Fleury is the worst possible Fleury...................... :(

And it's really going to be all on Fleury this year. I would feel a whole lot better with Vokoun backing him up, but there doesn't seem to be enough time for Vokoun to play this season, and Zatkoff has been good, but he needs way more games against tougher teams to see how he'll handle it. I do worry about playing someone like Montreal or Toronto in the first, but I think Pittsburgh could pull it off.

Though, it is still way too early to be guessing on who we'll be playing, there's still teams like Washington and Detroit who could probably end up making the playoffs, and someone like New York and Philly could drop to the wildcard spots, so lets see.

Don't bet on it. Flyers are on absolute fire, with Giroux, Coutourier and Berube making cases for postseason awards. They're coming together at the right time, and have 2 wins against the Pens this past weekend (at one point outscoring them 7-0 over 4 or 5 periods or something like that), and a big OT win against the Blackhawks last night. I think we have the Leafs tomorrow night, but I'm pumped to see them play the Blues this weekend, arguably the two hottest teams in hockey.

Giroux is a monster.

While Philly beat the Penguins, you have to account for the fact that the Penguins were down 2 of their best players. The Penguins are going through a rough patch now with some injuries and perhaps some difficulties after the Olympics break, but my guess is that come playoff time when the team is healthy, they will be a beast of a team.

Not only that, but the Flyers barely got by on Sunday. Yeah, they dominated Saturday and the beginning on Sunday, but they barely beat a team that's down three top forwards and two of it's best defensemen on Sunday. Shame Pittsburgh played badly, cause Fleury was great, and they left him out to dry.

You guys are right, the Pens are an incredible that's in a bit of a patch right now, but I'm a total homer so I'm not going to pay attention to any of that.

4 in a row, with the Blues on Sunday. I'll be there, so hoping they get to 5. The Blues have been incredible though.

I think the fact that you're a homer was more indicative by the laughable statement of who is eligible for postseason awards.

Berube might make a strong case to be the third finalist for the Jack Adams, but he's lagging so far behind Roy and Cooper that he can't even see them.

Giroux...maybe the third finalist for the Hart, but again is lagging behind Sid and Getzlaf.

I don't even know what award you'd consider Couturier for.

• Like 1

I think the fact that you're a homer was more indicative by the laughable statement of who is eligible for postseason awards.

Berube might make a strong case to be the third finalist for the Jack Adams, but he's lagging so far behind Roy and Cooper that he can't even see them.

Giroux...maybe the third finalist for the Hart, but again is lagging behind Sid and Getzlaf.

Calder cup? Im not sure how many seasons Couturier has played

Selke trophy is exactly what I was thinking of. Dude's a phenom defensively, and is only getting better.

I'm not expecting wins, except for maayyyyybe Giroux, but Berube's done a crazy job of turning around a team that was awful at the beginning of the season, and making them a contender.

Absolutely no chance for Couturier. Like, zero. He doesn't have the numbers. He's 110th in the league in takeaways and 138th in the league in faceoff percentage among players with at least 50 faceoffs.

Hey if the Flyers want to win the Calder Cup, which team can stop them?

• Like 1